New Marine seeking knowledge.
Create Post

Question New Marine seeking knowledge.

Hello everyone, just graduated from MCRD San Diego last Friday and had a question on MCT. I'm sure this may have asked or covered before but I really felt the need to ask.

Now I've heard that the physical is more difficult there, but all in all, how bad is MCT?

Please share how your morale and overall mentality was, and perhaps an idea of what to expect physically?

How about squaring your profile away there Marine. No profile, no answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Hello everyone, just graduated from MCRD San Diego last Friday and had a question on MCT. I'm sure this may have asked or covered before but I really felt the need to ask.

Now I've heard that the physical is more difficult there, but all in all, how bad is MCT?

Please share how your morale and overall mentality was, and perhaps an idea of what to expect physically?
    MCT isn't hard. You do a lot of humping and a lot of MRE eating.

Not much in the Marine Corps is actually hard. Most things are designed so that the biggest f*ck up on the planet can make it through.

Awesome, should do well then. :/

Thanks for the feedback.

Boot camp kinda sucked huh, well wait until you get to MCT, its the same except you have a rank. Expect to wait a couple of weeks for pickup, you will be working the mess hall until then. Have fun. P.S. our Platoon SGT was one mean sob.

MCT/SOI student status is a very small step up from Recruit status, and a short step below Boot status.

I see new Marines get bummed because they think they are still being treated somewhat like recruits.
    Don't get discouraged.
    There is a lot of information and skill sets that need to be absorbed by the student.
    The instructors don't have time to deal with shenanigans.
    Your stint there will be short.
    Put out, don't take anything personal and your time there will go by quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    MCT/SOI student status is a very small step up from Recruit status, and a short step below Boot status.

I see new Marines get bummed because they think they are still being treated somewhat like recruits.
    Don't get discouraged.
    There is a lot of information and skill sets that need to be absorbed by the student.
    The instructors don't have time to deal with shenanigans.
    Your stint there will be short.
    Put out, don't take anything personal and your time there will go by quickly.
    That is the best advice you can get. MCT isn't hard at all. Just don't get injured and don't do drugs on boot leave.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobert View Post
    That is the best advice you can get. MCT isn't hard at all. Just don't get injured and don't do drugs on boot leave.
    Or get married, or get a girl pregnant, or get HIV, or get Hepatitis, or get a police record... the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Or get married, or get a girl pregnant, or get HIV, or get Hepatitis, or get a police record... the list goes on...
    or check-in in Chalphas...

Remeber to call all the S/Sgts and Gunnys Sir

Lot's of running in full gear, lots of the bull**** that comes with living with a bunch of people in an open squad bay. It'll be fun but you'll hate it at the same time. Just don't do something stupid, follow the rules, and your CIs will leave you alone and they won't have to turn into drill instructors.

Oh yeah, and if you get assigned to Hotel, 1st Platoon, tell Sgt Ruiz that the weatherman sends his regards.

Yeah, and it's no longer "this recruit" it's now "this Marine."

Quote Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
    Oh yeah, and if you get assigned to Hotel, 1st Platoon, tell Sgt Ruiz that the weatherman sends his regards.
    No squirts? I was 1st Plt Hotel Company! way back in 97' Had a CPL in charge on some of the days, that guy was Mean too besides the SGT! Couldn't understand half of what he was saying had a strong accent.

Thread Information