Dlab info
Create Post

Thread: Dlab info

Dlab info

I'm trying for one of the intelligence MOS and I have to take the Dlab next week, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into how hard it actually is??

Don't wanna intimidate you or anything but from different people they all have said its ridiculously hard. But don't let that discourage you, just take it and kick azz.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldsjoe89 View Post
    I'm trying for one of the intelligence MOS and I have to take the Dlab next week, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into how hard it actually is??
    It is the hardest test I have ever taken. Why? It's not a knowledge-based test, there isn't material that you can commit to memory and regurgitate in the test room to achieve a perfect score. This test is the most effective "aptitude" test I have encountered, and I believe it serves our government well.

The specifics of it are of course under NDA so that would preclude me from going into great detail, but the basic concept is that you wear headphones and listen to a pre-recorded speaker read the question and possible answers. You cannot repeat the recordings, the possible answers aren't printed anywhere, and you don't have scratch paper so listen up the first time.

If your posting habits online are anything to go by, you might find the test more difficult. I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt though and assume that you aren't anal about grammatical conventions on the internet. That's fine, but just remember that since they are not able to test your knowledge of a foreign language yet, they need to test your conceptual understanding of how language is put together.

Take a deep breath, get a good night's rest and eat a good healthy breakfast. I know it sounds cliché, but I worked late (until 0400) the night before I took the test and I regret it.

That's some great advice by HammerofJustice. Take it and run with it. Good luck, bro.

Make sure you know your grammar rules for English exceptionally well. If you can't hack it in English, you won't in a made-up language.

Thread Information