Mecep
Create Post

Thread: Mecep

Mecep

Hello, I'm a 21 year old boy from Centreville, Virginia. I'm joining Marine Corps and have a goal in mind. It's really hard for me to join because I only have GED. Anywho, I don't mind what MOS I get when I join but I would want 03xx field as long as I get a chance to apply for MECEP. Long story short, do you get to choose what college you want to attend for MECEP? For example, I want/plan to attend a Christian college(http://socalsem.edu/) to get a biblical studies degree. Would the Marines allow that? I really need the answer right now for my future is relying on it.. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Ecclesiastes; 07-19-09 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a link to the college website.

have you done any searches in the search bar at the top right of the page for officer, MECEP or any other way of getting information?

no you didn't...

You're probably not going to go MECEP with a GED. You can use your 100% tuition assistance as well as your G.I. Bill to get a college education, but I doubt you're going to be a candidate for MECEP. If you do some college classes on the side and get a good GPA you may be considered for it.

You will NOT, at this time, be considered for MECEP, as you'll be competing against others who not only have HS diplomas but college time as well.

At this point, the Marine Corps doesn't take many folks with GED's. And even that is a competition. Talk to a recruiter, because the new fiscal year is coming up and that's the best time to enlist with a GED, the quotas are very few.

Concentrate on getting IN, first, then worry about the rest later.

Thank you for the replies so far. And to the person above- I did my research on MECEP and other possible commissioning routes. I just couldn't get clear information on what type of degrees they seek. I will concentrate on enlisting first and then worry about the rest later.

Thank you!

Good luck. Go talk to a recruiter, the sooner the better. And keep reading the information on this site!

The point of MECEP is to get you a degree eligible for a commission. If your college is not accredited or your degree is not one of the accepted majors, then you will not be able to use MECEP funds to cover it.

And just to add my two cents in, you are very low on the probable list for getting into the MECEP program.

Thread Information