MALE Poolees! POST YOUR SHIP DATES HERE..Do NOT start a new thread! - Page 126
Create Post
Page 126 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3745
    Shipping to Parris Island 20110808. Can't wait, but glad I have time to prepare (and graduate high school).

Quote Originally Posted by bposey8152 View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a way to go to Parris Island if we're west of the Mississippi?
    I think you can only go to PI if you have a family member who went there.

MCRD San Diego
    Aviation Support

I went to the recruiting office today! And I'm going to Parris Island instead!

Quote Originally Posted by bposey8152 View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a way to go to Parris Island if we're west of the Mississippi?
    my MEPS station is fort snelling in minnesota and we get people from wisconsin and I even met one from illinois (idk why) but though gererally we all ship to san diego but we can get the choice to ship to either if you really ask for it sence the border is the mississippi and the river starts in minnesota a plus the MEPS station is right on the river lol I decided I wouldn't bother them and let them send me to hollywood thats where I wanted to go anyways

Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    why does it matter where you go if u want to be a Marine it shouldn't matter were you go just saying.
    For me it isnt just being a Marine. Like I posted prior. I am not the frst Marine in my family. And the familyu business is the Corps. I was trying to get to go to SD to carry on the tradition but they didnt allow it and said no such thing existed letting an east coast recruit go west. Instead I guess I get the proud honor of being the first male recruit in my family to go to PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemercd View Post
    I think you can only go to PI if you have a family member who went there.
    It may also be location specific. Since they told me it doesnt matter family member or not they couldnt change where I went.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    It may also be location specific. Since they told me it doesnt matter family member or not they couldnt change where I went.
    The best thing to do would be to talk to your recruiter.

Wow, just found this site. I have 31 days until I ship.

Anyone else ship on Dec. 6th?

Poolee/DEP Free Member californiakid's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    ship date moved up too 20101115 from 20101204

mcrdsd

Woo! Another shipper on the 15th. You ready? 10 days!!

Oh yes! Good luck Californiakid, we ship the same day, different MCRDs.

Alright, November 15th males (MCRDPI) don't quote me, but I looked up the schedule and if I understood it correctly, we'll be in 3rd Batallion, Kilo Company. Which is where it's AT!!! I know, I know, nobody gives a heck what battalion you were in once you get to FMF but every Marine I've met who has been uber-squared away has been in 3rd battalion, including my recruiter. They all say 3rd battalion is the best. As the saying goes, "1st Battalion makes men, 2nd Battalion makes Marines, 3rd Battalion makes machines." Although as I say it, I'm not too sure I like it..insinuates that machines are tougher than Marines but hey! 3rd Battalion, Kilo Company!

Unless I got it wrong and we graduate on Februrary 25th...we'd be 1st Battalion. Womp womp womp.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Oh yes! Good luck Californiakid, we ship the same day, different MCRDs.

Alright, November 15th males (MCRDPI) don't quote me, but I looked up the schedule and if I understood it correctly, we'll be in 3rd Batallion, Kilo Company. Which is where it's AT!!! I know, I know, nobody gives a heck what battalion you were in once you get to FMF but every Marine I've met who has been uber-squared away has been in 3rd battalion, including my recruiter. They all say 3rd battalion is the best. As the saying goes, "1st Battalion makes men, 2nd Battalion makes Marines, 3rd Battalion makes machines." Although as I say it, I'm not too sure I like it..insinuates that machines are tougher than Marines but hey! 3rd Battalion, Kilo Company!

Unless I got it wrong and we graduate on Februrary 25th...we'd be 1st Battalion. Womp womp womp.
    PM me some info on how you found this. I know my alleged graduation date, and I'm curious as to what batallion I'll be in

Quote Originally Posted by NCF250 View Post
    PM me some info on how you found this. I know my alleged graduation date, and I'm curious as to what batallion I'll be in

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp

ScarSniper, If you could find that same thing for San Diego recruits for 2011, it would kill me.

Thread Information