MALE Poolees! POST YOUR SHIP DATES HERE..Do NOT start a new thread! - Page 119
Create Post
Page 119 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3757
    hey my date got moved to the 25th instead of the 26th. I figured it would tho. lol. The reality hasn't hit me yet, I'm still waiting.
    Looks like you out crunched me already Rough Hands. I'm gonna have to work even harder now! :P
    How are you planning to do your hair in boot camp? Sock bun?

Poolee Pilgrim: I agree, I've been doing some pull/push/sit ups, but not all that much. As for endurance when it comes to cardio I can go forever. I've got a family that hikes a lot and I've been running since 10th grade.

Poolee Garner: I'm sure it'll really hit me once I go to the hotel before heading to MEPS. I'm excited, but the nervous part hasn't hit me yet. You'll do great. Godspeed!

Quote Originally Posted by NGEdwards88 View Post
    Poolee Pilgrim: I agree, I've been doing some pull/push/sit ups, but not all that much. As for endurance when it comes to cardio I can go forever. I've got a family that hikes a lot and I've been running since 10th grade.

Poolee Garner: I'm sure it'll really hit me once I go to the hotel before heading to MEPS. I'm excited, but the nervous part hasn't hit me yet. You'll do great. Godspeed!
    You can just call me Scar, it's easier, and Gunny says it's what the DIs will probably call me (if you could see my face, you'd know why) What I meant by endurance is MUSCLE endurance. Cardio is one thing, strength training is another and muscle endurance is yet another thing altogether. What good is power if you can't hold on to it? What I meant is speed reps. Lifting weights without giving your body much recovery time before doing the next set, doing pull-ups with only 5 or 10 seconds in between reps instead of 30, 60, or 90, then jumping into another workout without stopping. What that does is allow your muscles to go faster, longer and stronger without tiring out. Remember that muscles grow best when they're fatigued so if you're going to strength train, do it in the beginning of your PT session and then towards the end, go Endurance mode, AKA Beast Mode. Best you find some inner-Rage and anger to pump your adrenaline (I get angry at myself for being a weak piece of **** pussy when my muscles start to fail and that pumps me up. When you're REALLY angry, it helps.) If you're shipping, go hard now. Don't injure yourself but remember, during the first week of boot we wont be doing any PT so besides lack of sleep, your muscles should be good to go for your final IST at Boot. Planks too man, work on those. I don't know if they do a lot in boot but it helps to be prepared. But that's what I meant by Endurance training, I wasn't talking about running. Good luck, man, see you there.

oh haha, my bad. See ya there!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Join/DEP Date: 20101014
    Ship Date: 20110523 -MCRDSD
    Hoping to leave sooner.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    20110801 Mcrd Pi

Just did my pre-ship form with Gunny yesterday. 20101115.

Oh, and apparantly I'll be graduating bootcamp as a Pfc due to my college credits and GPA. Happy about that...uniform just doesn't look right without at least one chevron.

Quote Originally Posted by topless617 View Post
    hey my date got moved to the 25th instead of the 26th. I figured it would tho. lol. The reality hasn't hit me yet, I'm still waiting.
    Looks like you out crunched me already Rough Hands. I'm gonna have to work even harder now! :P
    How are you planning to do your hair in boot camp? Sock bun?
    Goin' with the sock bun, but I'm gonna' go get a few inches trimmed off my hair to make it a little easier today. I've been practicing after the Sergeant Major nearly gave me an ass-chewing. Oh! He also advised me to bring a couple of sports bras with good support, and a few pairs of underwear - they all need to be plain and white. Just thought I'd pass that along...

I got lucky with those 70 crunches! The other day I only managed 46. Last night, I was doing sets of 45 and managed to give myself some nasty rug-burn; hopefully my crunches won't suffer too much from me trying to let my boney butt heal. lol

4 days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Oh, and apparantly I'll be graduating bootcamp as a Pfc due to my college credits and GPA. Happy about that...uniform just doesn't look right without at least one chevron.
    Agreed. I finally got my first official referral on Friday, hopefully 1 of the 3 waivers for my 3 DQ's goes through while I'm in boot camp so I can get my promotion too.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NGEdwards88 View Post
    any others shipping 20101101?
    righht here.. MCRDPI 9 days

I can almost count down the hours now, and I'm finally starting to lose sleep over it because I'm so anxious and excited... 2 days until the hotel, 3 days until Parris Island. Good luck, poolees. Stay motivated, your time will come soon enough.

If anybody wants letters from THIS RECRUIT, send me your mailing address via PM, or you can follow my blog which can also be found on the Future Jarheads website (I'll probably post it here on Sunday before I go to the hotel too). I'll be sending letters home for someone to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    I can almost count down the hours now, and I'm finally starting to lose sleep over it because I'm so anxious and excited... 2 days until the hotel, 3 days until Parris Island. Good luck, poolees. Stay motivated, your time will come soon enough.

If anybody wants letters from THIS RECRUIT, send me your mailing address via PM, or you can follow my blog which can also be found on the Future Jarheads website (I'll probably post it here on Sunday before I go to the hotel too). I'll be sending letters home for someone to post them.
    whats the site for the future jarhead i kinda want to write a block an track my accomplishments.

20110103 -female poolee. If they offered me a spot tomorrow I would take it.

ist
    fah-70
    cruches-79
    1.5- 11:45

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaMorris View Post
    20110103 -female poolee. If they offered me a spot tomorrow I would take it.

ist
    fah-70
    cruches-79
    1.5- 11:45
    whats your mos

Monday Monday Monday

Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    whats the site for the future jarhead i kinda want to write a block an track my accomplishments.
    I created the blog on blogspot; one of the Marines from Leatherneck contacted me about linking it to his website, Future Jarheads. You can find the link to my blog on the GOOD, BAD, UGLY! page. There are also a few other blogs from former recruits and now Marines.

http://futurejarheads.webs.com/

Thread Information