AE 7051
    Good Luck!!! Maybe I'll see you down there I leave two weeks after you

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Open Contract
    20101011 MCRDPI

Jeofrey Mondal
    Open Contract (soon to change hopefully)
    MCRD SD

Alot of peoples dates are being pushed back, i hear it's from the job demands because of our economic situation. So most people who are not like use poolees who've been waiting a while to go because we Want to be Marines are being held back because of those who are joining for money benefits. So everybody stay motivated and a dedicated. Get in those extra pullups, situps, and pushups we all want to get in before we go, so when the time comes, you'll be good to go.

I'll second that i've been in the DEP for almost a year now but im thinking i'll get that 300 IST before i ship

NEW SHIP DATE: It just got moved ahead 2wks.....I leave 20100322 for MCRDPI

Hell yeah TKO good stuff , ive been in DEP for 4 months now, but been working since early senior year for that perfect IST. 2 pullups away bro. Stay a motivated and a dedicated. If you want it, you gotta work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMorris View Post
    Hell yeah TKO good stuff , ive been in DEP for 4 months now, but been working since early senior year for that perfect IST. 2 pullups away bro. Stay a motivated and a dedicated. If you want it, you gotta work for it.
    I've been running 300's in practice lately,haven run an IST in 4 months though so hopefully when im home and take my Final IST ill be able to do it up.

I have yet to time my 3 mile run. We've only been doing 1.5s. My crunches and pullups are set for a 300 but the only thing that could hurt me is that darn run. I must go hard for that one.

Dont jack this thread guys. Poolees already have to look through 50 pages to find people they ship with.

Poolee/DEP Free Member ONeill65's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ship date got changed to 20100628 AG Contract

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMorris View Post
    Alot of peoples dates are being pushed back, i hear it's from the job demands because of our economic situation. So most people who are not like use poolees who've been waiting a while to go because we Want to be Marines are being held back because of those who are joining for money benefits. So everybody stay motivated and a dedicated. Get in those extra pullups, situps, and pushups we all want to get in before we go, so when the time comes, you'll be good to go.
    It's not from the economy or any of that stuff. The Marine Corps has 2,000 extra Marines than congress allowed because a officer at HQ doesn't know how to carry the one (I'm quoting a SSgt. at the recruiting office) so now the Marine Corps has to come up with a whole bunch of money that we don't have for those 2,000 extra Marines. During the same conversation the SSgt. warned us that recruiting is going to be much more strict, and pretty much, if you don't show up to PT, or are really close to not being able to pass the IST, you'll be discharged from the DEP.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mervau View Post
    It's not from the economy or any of that stuff. The Marine Corps has 2,000 extra Marines than congress allowed because a officer at HQ doesn't know how to carry the one (I'm quoting a SSgt. at the recruiting office) so now the Marine Corps has to come up with a whole bunch of money that we don't have for those 2,000 extra Marines. During the same conversation the SSgt. warned us that recruiting is going to be much more strict, and pretty much, if you don't show up to PT, or are really close to not being able to pass the IST, you'll be discharged from the DEP.
    that's scare tactics. most people in my RSS don't ever come to PT - the recruiter has already invested a lot of time in you, what with all the forms and possibly waivers, and he's already got you to go to MEPS where they've cleared you as sufficient for the Marine Corps. if you're slacking hardcore in terms of physical standards, they might push your date back or something, but as long as you keep up your PT on your own time and get results, you're good.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Chance Backman
    Motor Transportation Option
    MCRD SD

Greg Hearn
    open contract ( soon to be 02xx hopefully)

Thread Information