My boy is coming home - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    recruiters don't have the ability to get this info??! I made an assumption.

They do have the ability but it's better to go straight to the source rather than second hand.

It's easier for you to find out. The phone number to Medical recovery platoon at Parris Island is 843-228-2518 or x4125. If he's at San Diego, I can find out that number for you as well.

that's something I never thought of gunny... honestly, I didn't think they took calls... I feel kinda dumb right now to be honest.

Certainly not my point to make you feel dumb. I'm just trying to help this lady in the most efficient way I know. I'm pretty good at answering questions about the Corps, so anything I can do to help out is my goal. I just think that the recruiter wouldn't be very proactive on this issue. It's really not in his/her interest. I talked to a recruiter the other day and he told me they spend 3 hours a day in the gym. Don't even really have a quota right now. Must be the economy (i.e. everyone wants to join). Anyway, Semper Fi SSgt, and keep reading Sun-Tzu, the master of the art of warfare.

Like Danno said. Most recruiters have done all they feel need to do just getting kids sent to MCRD. Some are busy working on other possible recruits and some are just out goofing off since they have met their goals for the quarter. Finding out why a kid is getting sent home isn't high on their list of priorities. Some of them will go that extra mile for you but in the end it's just better to go to the source for answers in this situation.

gunnies, I appreciate the motovation... I didn't mean to imply I AM stupid or that you gentlemen caused it... usually when I feel that way it only lasts all of about 30 seconds... being Married has toughened me up! haha, I'm sure you both know what I mean... right?

as for Sun Tzu... if only we focused on making this required reading for any CinC and pushed it farther down the ranks (I'll try) to be taught we'd be a smarter force.

a paraphrase of master Sun "I have heard of foolish haste in battle, but I have never heard of strategically prolonging a war. Your coffers will empty, your troops will become demoralized and your citizens angered at home."

wow... what if rumsfield and bush read this???

Thanks to all of you for the support and offer of help. My husband and I went to the recruiters office Wednesday night at about 7:30 and the Gunny talked to us for a long time. It is a medical release and he is in RSP. He will be home in the next two weeks. The condition is something that he doesn't want to talk about so I don't really know any more about that. My main concern right now is that he has only been through the first phase which, if I understand correctly, is the phase where they break them down. The building up process hasn't begun yet. I'm not sure how he will be when he comes home or how to deal with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I truly hope everything turns out okay with your son. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hang in there Mom!

Thank you Scottsmom. I'm hanging in there, I just want to hear his voice again. He is in San Diego but he isn't in a medical platoon. The recruiter told me that he is in Recruit Separation Platoon. I don't know if there is a number that I can call to reach them but my only questions for them at this point would be if I can talk to him and when he will be coming home.

The recruiter was really surprised that I didn't talk to a DI or someone. I only spoke with my son. He said they are supposed to call and talk to me and then put him on the phone. That would have been much better because I might have handled the situation better. But then again, maybe not. It is what it is and I will just have to make up for it the next time I talk to him. I guess he will call to let me know when his flight will be... I asked my husband to call the recruiter to see if he knows anything else yet.

He can still receive mail in RSP so continue sending it. Keep him motivated; RSP is the nastiest platoon aboard the Depot. Make sure he maintains the level of discipline that his Drill Instructors have no doubt instilled in him for however long he was in training.

I've seen plenty get sent home only to stay motivated and make another go at it. The ones who get nasty and forget why they came in the first place either don't try again or have difficulty when they do.

Good luck to you and your family. Never forget that your son is part of the 2% in this country at actually stand on the yellow footprints and test themselves.

Thanks NoRemorse. I don't think he will want to try again. I could be wrong but he sounds really disillusioned right now. The recruiter said he would have to wait two years so maybe things will change between now and then. My younger son plans to join in two years so I feel like they will either go in together or neither one will go.

I wish him the best of luck and hope that if he can go back in that he decides to go back. It's been a decent experience thus far for me even though I'm still a student I'm the Marines training for my job. Seeing how I'm so motivated right now I can only hope or expect my motivation grows more once I hit the fleet.

Take care and good luck to you all.

He's a non-hacker. Forget about it and quit posting on here. Nobody (Marines especially) cares why your little punk-ass boy couldn't make it. Don't try to spread misinformation and lies on this site. You know the deal. Why in the hell wouldn't the Marine Corps tell you what's wrong with him? We all know..............he just doesn't have the balls!!!!!!!!!

I find it perplexing that your son is being discharged for a medical reason and NOBODY is telling you what that exact reason is.

I would want my son to man up and tell me, but if he didn't I sure as heck would DEMAND the Marine Corps to clear it up and tell me....like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post
    I find it perplexing that your son is being discharged for a medical reason and NOBODY is telling you what that exact reason is.

I would want my son to man up and tell me, but if he didn't I sure as heck would DEMAND the Marine Corps to clear it up and tell me....like yesterday.
    Following this from afar makes me think the same.

Thread Information