Moving/switching reserve units
Create Post

Moving/switching reserve units

My fiancee is thinking about switching her contract from AD to reserves before she goes in. How hard would it be for her to move from her home address, the one her initial reserve unit would be, to somewhere else? I know they need to have her MOS, just want to know how hard they like to make it to move.

well, if you are moving your permanant address you can get a letter from the command to approve it, then if you still have obligated time on your contract I think any reserve unit will take you... you'd probably have to be re-trained though... I'm guessing that once the two of you get Married she'd move where/when you move... this is something YOU need to bring up to your command so they get the info for you.

I'm pretty sure there is a SMCR unit on each MC base.... and when I say pretty sure I mean like 65%.... so that's 35% of pretty un-sure... so if you are worried about these numbers you should revert to what I said about talking to YOUR command about this... and YES MOS school commands can find this info out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    well, if you are moving your permanant address you can get a letter from the command to approve it, then if you still have obligated time on your contract I think any reserve unit will take you... you'd probably have to be re-trained though... I'm guessing that once the two of you get Married she'd move where/when you move... this is something YOU need to bring up to your command so they get the info for you.

I'm pretty sure there is a SMCR unit on each MC base.... and when I say pretty sure I mean like 65%.... so that's 35% of pretty un-sure... so if you are worried about these numbers you should revert to what I said about talking to YOUR command about this... and YES MOS school commands can find this info out as well.

Thanks SSgt. I'm positive theres a marine reserve unit on pendleton that will take CBRN's. It'd be crazy if they didn't. And if that's the case, it gives me and her time to get married, she can switch to active duty, and then the corps might relocate her to an active duty unit somewhere on lejeune for that MOS. Of that I'm positive there is one.

soooo you're on lejuene???

if you get married she can switch to a reserve unit near you...

as far as going active duty... that'll take some doing. she'll need to go the PSEP route and they aren't taking any PSEPs until jan '10 and it'll be a limited amount, so if she hasn't gone to boot camp yet then she should go active duty.

soooo you're on lejuene???

if you get married she can switch to a reserve unit near you...

as far as going active duty... that'll take some doing. she'll need to go the PSEP route and they aren't taking any PSEPs until jan '10 and it'll be a limited amount, so if she hasn't gone to boot camp yet then she should go active duty.

I'm at MCAS for C school, 46 tech. She is going active duty, me and her made some plans today.

so no more reserves...?

it'll be for the sanity of you and your fiancee... but you shouldn't get married before she goes to boot camp... it's gonna make things more complicated.

I'd suggest you wait until she's done with her MOS school... or pretty close to it so she gets orders near where you're stationed.

good luck with all of that.

so no more reserves...?

it'll be for the sanity of you and your fiancee... but you shouldn't get married before she goes to boot camp... it's gonna make things more complicated.

I'd suggest you wait until she's done with her MOS school... or pretty close to it so she gets orders near where you're stationed.

good luck with all of that.

That's actually the plan, trying to get married before she graduates, either when she comes home from bootcamp, or while shes in MOS school. So beginning of december, or christmas break. Need be I can take a few days annual leave.

what was all that stuff I read in another thread about you being all depressed? I'd like you to PM your problem to me...

Thread Information