2.7 million served in Viet Nam, last census 14 mil. claimed they served. WHY!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

2.7 million served in Viet Nam, last census 14 mil. claimed they served. WHY!

Good reading when you have time.

http://www.mrfa.org/vnstats.htm
    and
    http://www.vhfcn.org/stat.html

My Brothers,
    Here are some interesting facts:

Vietnam Facts vs. Fiction.

This will take your mind off of the little skirmish in Iraq; for a little while anyway.

I found this article very interesting. The most notable fact is that 2.7 million Americans actually served in the Vietnam Theater of war.

In the last census nearly 14 million Americans claimed they served in Vietnam.

Four out of five are lying. I wonder why.

Vietnam Facts vs. Fiction

For over 30 years I, like many Vietnam veterans, seldom spoke of Vietnam, except with other veterans,
    when training soldiers, and in public speeches. These past five years I have joined the hundreds of thousands who believe it is high time the truth be told about the Vietnam War and the people who served there. It's time the American people learn that the United States military did not lose the War, and that a surprisingly high number of people who claim to have served there, in fact, DID NOT.

As Americans, support the men and women involved in the War on Terrorism. The mainstream media is once again working tirelessly to undermine their efforts and force a psychological loss or stalemate for the United States. We cannot stand by and let the media do to today's warriors what they did to us 35 years ago.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation The only Woodstock I saw was on My M-14

Welcome Home Semper Fi

a lot are Vietnam Era Vets like me but unlike some I do not call myself a Vietnam Vet
    like you are and I thank you for your service Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

You got it Brown at least You had enough Gonads 2 Serve as a U S Marine that speaks volumes about Your Character walk Tall Marine GodSpeed Semper Fi

I was in VN 17 months and 6 days. when I made it home and was discharged I found out A friend long before Nam had almost lost a leg while in VN we seldom talked if VN because nobody but us knew what was really going on negative press that they all watched every day We talk about VN a lot now and how we have survived it all twice. My friends if your are a VN VET and you are reading this post you have survived twice . S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome Home Brothers...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I thought it was abt., 14 million served during the Vietnam ERA from beginning to end.

I thought 2.7 million served within the Vietnam theater of Vietnam.

I thought less than 1 million actually served in country during Vietnam.

This is what I thought it was said in the 1980's.

Hell...I was a wingnut and are accepted, more or less, by my grunt brothers!

I don't care if you were in country or not....you were available to go if needed. You are my brothers.

Here's what I think

First off let me let you know that I was drafted into the Corps back in ' 69 and served overseas in Vietnam in '70 .Draftees made up 25% of those who served in Nam , but were 30% of the casualties . There are only 1 out of three of us Viet vets left . I come from a family of three brothers , who serve after being drafted in Nam during '68, '69 and '70 ( we covered these years when it was 10,000 plus KIAs a year ) ! Anything I hate is when a Vietnam ERA vet wants to be an expert on Vietnam , that really sucks as they should of gone there and found out for themselves . Me I liked Vietnam , would of stayed and even enlisted ( can't believe that I'm admitting that ) , but the Corps was pulling out since late '69 , 3rd Mar Div & supporting units of the 1st MAW and the 1st Marine Division and the supporting units of the 1st Marine Airwing had most combat and support out by mid '71 . When I got out in '71 , I just wanted to be known as Vietnam Veteran , but we were never as good as the WW2 guys . Now every Tom , Dick , Harry wants to be known as a VietVet now , hell it's too late and why would an old man be lying now , they should of thought of that a long time ago ? I believe that every true Marines should go through Marine boot camp and off to war at least once , plus receiving a honorable discharge after they have met their obligation to the Corps , unless they were injured or wounded being a Marine and were medically discharge under honorable conditions . Chesty Puller would want it no other way !

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Hell...I was a wingnut and are accepted, more or less, by my grunt brothers!

I don't care if you were in country or not....you were available to go if needed. You are my brothers.
    I think that's still being debated. S/F

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Welcome Home Semper Fi
    Awesome FF... Semper Fi Marine...!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    they gotta get their 15 minutes of fame somehow, no???

How does one go about requested permission to come aboard?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Heard View Post

How does one
    go about requested permission
    to come aboard?
    So- you break a few rules,,and aren't Politically Correct..
    You've earned your EGA, and title of MARINE.
    Welcome aboard brother, and
    Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    When we came back from Nam, being a war vet wasn't popular at all, now it is and the phoney azzholes are coming out of the woodwork. I still think the VA should add something about where you served on our disability ID card or issue a seperate card to real in country vets.

Thread Information