See you all in 3 months
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

See you all in 3 months

I am heading to Louisville, KY MEPS at ten hundred. then off to the Island for 3 months. I can't wait, swore in back on may 31st, and my time is finally here. i will do this forum, and the state of Kentucky proud. i am probably one of the oldest poolees to go / to be on this forum. I just turned 26 years young on July 1st. I may not be as young and fit as these 17-18 year old lil whippersnappers, but I am every bit as intelligent and mature as they are. my college degree will help me be a e-2 Pfc during boot. Ya'll take care of http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=54758 for me while I'm gone... I dont want any Jodys around her, lol. Keep her company, and help her learn about this site and the way of the Marine Corps. I hope to earn The Title and receive my Eagle Globe and Anchor soon.

Poolee Thompson

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good luck, old man, do yourself proud. {And thanks for the info]. Signed: Jody

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Good to go Josh! Never Quit!

Credits
    Savings
    Coutney, when you read this, gimmie a PM.

I miss him already...

Go kick ass. Just remember, more will be expected of you from both fellow recruits and instructors because of your age.

on hotel wifi via computers here in the entertainment room part of the holding area .. just checking in

Quote Originally Posted by Iseethelight View Post
    Go kick ass. Just remember, more will be expected of you from both fellow recruits and instructors because of your age.
    yes sir, fully agreed

the guy who runs the military area of our hotel for us MEPS people, just said "ok, its been a few hours, its late enough" and pulled Full Metal Jacket dvd outta his desk, and said everyone likes to see R. Lee Ermey the night before they ship

awesome

Go Getter Done, Young One. Good Luck

*sigh* So...he's going to call me one last time. This will be our THIRD good-bye. I think it's almost worse than having just one!!!

And I has some questions...who wants to let me pick their brain??

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Josh, I know you may not get to see this before you hit the yellow footprints, but you know that I totally support your quest to become a Marine.

I know that you will make me proud.

Of course, I can't give you any advice, everything you can learn you've picked up here, from your recruiter, the Poolee functions and the other stuff you've done to get ready.

Tomorrow I turn 30 and you will be on Parris Island. I think that's about the best birthday I could get.

I'll talk to you in three months. Now go get some.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkCowgirl View Post
    *sigh* So...he's going to call me one last time. This will be our THIRD good-bye. I think it's almost worse than having just one!!!

And I has some questions...who wants to let me pick their brain??

ask away.

Quote Originally Posted by joshtky View Post
    the guy who runs the military area of our hotel for us MEPS people, just said "ok, its been a few hours, its late enough" and pulled Full Metal Jacket dvd outta his desk, and said everyone likes to see R. Lee Ermey the night before they ship

awesome
    That's funny b/c I watched it the night before I went to bootcamp. Not intentionally though.lol. My dad happened to be watching it that night.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I thought I'd post an update since I got an e-mail from his mom last week.
    Josh has suffered a hip injury and has been in MRP since last Saturday (Nov. 22). His mom initially told me that he would be laid up recovering from the injury (I don't have exact details at this point) for 13 days and would then resume training. He was slated to graduate with Delta Co PLT 1095 on Dec. 5 (next Friday) but it is unknown when he will resume his training.
    He called his mom yesterday and she said Josh is sounding good. He is on crutches and it may be four to eight weeks of healing. Josh is not going to be able to put any weight on the hip for a while.
    He also got to pass out the power bars his mom and I sent and his mom said he sounded pleased about that.
    I don't know much about life in MRP. I'm waiting to get a letter from him about the whole situation. In the meantime I've been trying to get his cell phone re-activated but that's another story for another time.
    So the hope is Josh will pick up with another company/platoon when he's better ... he stopped at T59.
    I'll keep y'all posted.

Thread Information