Weight Standard =O
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Weight Standard =O

i am currently 5'8 and weigh 195. My Recruiter told me i need to be less than 190 lbs to ship. I, so far lost 4 lbs but the weight loss has slowed down. I need help please and thank you

Well, looking at your running time this is good for you. Run, run and then once your done running, run some more! After thats all done, do some core works outs, do some pull ups, and then guess what, RUN SOME MORE! Running is going to be your best bet for shedding off the pounds, watch what you eat, loosing weight is quite easy. When I needed to do it for wrestling I lost 10 pounds in 2 days, granted thats not healthy weight loss, just takes some dedication. The more weight you lose, the less weight you need to pull when you do pull ups, there for making them increase to. 2 for the price of one, great deal isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Well, looking at your running time this is good for you. Run, run and then once your done running, run some more! After thats all done, do some core works outs, do some pull ups, and then guess what, RUN SOME MORE! Running is going to be your best bet for shedding off the pounds, watch what you eat, loosing weight is quite easy. When I needed to do it for wrestling I lost 10 pounds in 2 days, granted thats not healthy weight loss, just takes some dedication. The more weight you lose, the less weight you need to pull when you do pull ups, there for making them increase to. 2 for the price of one, great deal isn't it!
    thats the best advice i heard. i always hear. Just lose the weight it isn't hard only

Yeah, it isn't hard AT ALL. There's a time where you can do it heathy and times where you just say **** it and drop it fast. I wouldn't suggest the second one unless your shipping soon. There was a kid at my RSS who waited until the last week to lose 15 pounds. He is now skinny and hell and can PT better then most of our recruiters. He said he got thrashed all the time and he put 150% and made the best out of boot camp that he could. It's like what everyone says, cut out all suger, eat wheat bread not white, and just use your damn brain. If you think it's unheathly most likely it is!! If you really dont know, look it up, google is your best friend. You could be at 185 by sunday if not saturday. The more effort you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.

i dont know if im doing it last minute lol. iim supposed to be shipping on october 19th of this year

You can be at 175 pounds and lost it in a healthy matter by then.

i need that! is that all? im not really much of a diet savvy person. my whole life ive been training to be big not fit lol. i would only bench. ever since i left high school i stopped everything until i decided to join the Corps. so basically ive been inactive for about a year. i need anything and everything to help me lose the weight to alsodrop my run time

You dont have to be a complete health nut, you can enjoy a few things here and there, but if your needing to drop weight, gain run time, it only makes sence to run, or if you want to bike. If your going to bike, you can do 10 miles and it wont even phase you. Biking is an easy way to burn calories and you can go around go on nature trails and really enjoy yourself. You dont need to be hardcore on a bike, enjoy it, its one of my funnier things that I do. Read my new thread that I just made, it show's my workout and mabe you could pick up on something. But really, biking and running will low your run time, help you lose weight, there for building up your pull ups, doing one thing will help you with 3 things!!!

Cut the soda, eat tuna fish and veggies, and like MarinesFTW said, run run run

thanks all of you guys for the help

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The reasoning your weight loss has slowed down is because that was all water weight. Now you've got to start shedding fat. I lost 30 lbs between 9th and 10th grade 3 years ago, all by running a **** load, and cutting out fast food and soda from my diet. Just keep your head up and stay motivated.

Cut all starches, and all processed sugars. Starches are complex carbohydrates that get stored as fat. On top of that, they slow you down...they act as a muscular depressent. Processed sugars are a big no-no too. Simple, instead of reaching for a piece of cake/pie, eat grapes or apples. Make sure that the fruit you eat is not preserved in any kind of oil or syrup. Fresh fruit instead of desserts will drop 2 pounds in a matter of days.

Stay away from complex carbs such as potatoes, corn, and other typical carbs such as wheat, flour...etc. Make sure to stay away from overly sugar vegetables, such as corn, onions, zucchini/squash.

Best bet is to eat lean proteins. Red meat should be eaten, but sparingly. Fish, chicken, turkey, and beans (sparingly on the beans). Eat vegetables that are high in fiber, such as any leefy green vegetable (collard greens, spinach...).

An amazing diet where you will starve to death while still eating to satisfy stomach acids/growling is hard-boiled eggs and celery. Your body will burn more calories to digest either of these than the food itself will put in.

Kool-aid is not a terrible drink, sweeten it with an artificial sweetener if possible, but even regular sugar is better than a coke (since its real, unprocessed cane sugar). I would only reccomend doing that once a week for variety; consider it an end-of-week treat. If you don't leave until October, you will have plenty of time to get well under your max weight. DO NOT NEGLECT EXERCISE!!! Though diet will help your weight, it should go hand in hand with physical activity, and vice versa. Just because you run 10 miles a day doesnt necessarily mean that it will help weight loss. This is evidenced by "big" people who can out-PT anyone.

Hard-boiled eggs and celery helped me drop about 3 pounds in about 36 hours. I am real skinny anyway so I don't have much weight to lose. Training to make weight for wrestling, grappling, and BJJ can be rough and you need all the advantages you can get. I was shocked at how well this diet worked in only a matter of hours. I didnt feel hungry, I had energy, and i could eat whenever I wanted.

As for your run time. If you want to be faster in a 1.5 mile run, run 3 miles. my suggestion is to have distance weeks, and speed weeks. On week 1, pyramid up to 1.5 miles continuous in the middle of the week and decrease distance by a quarter mile. On week 2, pyramid to up to 5 miles running in intervals. Alternate between .5, .75, and 1 mile running as hard as you can. Consider week 3 your "test" week. Run each day the same:
    1.5 miles for time. After completed, run 1 mile for time, then finish by running half a mile for time.

Then start over. Week 4, pyramid up to 3 miles (twice the distance you ran the first week...)...continue on in this fashion and there is no reason why your 1.5 mile run time should be above 11:30 (on a horrible day). Get into a habit, form a rhythm in your breathing, your stride and even in the time of day you are working out. Do not work out multiple times at the same intensity level during 1 day. It is important to allow your body to rest to avoid injury. Also I would suggest taking 2 days off a week. If you have any other questions, PM me. My run times are horrible right now because I have not developed a pattern. Work and personal life can get in the way of working out if you let it. I let it, and I am paying the price.

Good Luck

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Workout wise, any workout that targets your legs will be one of the most efficient in making you lose weight. They are the largest muscles in your body so by using them you expend a lot of calories and then they will grow larger and stronger and then just at a resting state they will be burning more calories than they previous were.

Diet is the real key to losing weight though. You can workout all you want but if you don't eat right, you will either stay the same or gain weight.

basically the best diet adhere to is the Paleolithic diet (paleo) or caveman diet. If you can't kill it, or pick it from the land you shouldn't be eating it. Kinda what sabrejack was saying simplified. And treat yourself to whatever meal you want a couple times a week. IE pizza, ice cream, adult bev etc.

Good advice guys. My problem is I have never eaten badly, just in quantity. I'm tall and lean but I still suck at running. Only time my running gets better is after 3 or so miles of torture. Any suggestions?

Thread Information