Running shoes in boot
Create Post

Running shoes in boot

I wear a size 14 shoe. Apparantly my recruiter just noticed and said that he's not 100% sure that MCRD will have running shoes my size in stock. He said if I want I can bring my own running shoes just in case. Can any of you Marines, preferrably ones who recently graduated, offer any insight on this. Should I bring my own shoes or not?

Should I bring my own shoes or not?
    Opposed to what, show up in socks? They should have size 14's. Think my friend was a size 14.

Adapt and overcome! Take those size 9's cut off the front, and then tape up your foot. It might not be comfortable at first, but uniformity is paramount!

Take your own. You can actually spend some time and money and get a shoe that's a perfect fit for you. Some people can wear certain brands and styles, while others cannot. It also gives you time to break them in or get used to the shoe.

Your feet, next to your brain and weapon are your greatest asset. Why not learn to take care of them now? I never fiddle faddle with my feet and always get the best shoes, go-fasters and boots I can afford.

Yeah they are probably prepared, I saw jolly green giants that had big feet and dudes with little feet. They keep enough of everything even the extremes. Though I think a company of size 14s would be an issue

I just got a new pair of Aesics(sp?), do they allow those in boot?

you get issued your pt shoes. They were new balances when i went through a year ago.

I got issued aesics in 2000. Camouflaged. High speed low drag go fasters.

Best idea for anyone is to wear go fasters to boot. If something comes up and they don't have your size you're prepared. If they do, you'll toss them into the box and that'll be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    Best idea for anyone is to wear go fasters to boot. If something comes up and they don't have your size you're prepared. If they do, you'll toss them into the box and that'll be the end of it.
    Thats a good idea, I guess thats what I'll do.

Thread Information