Just Graduated, I'll share my experiences... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Congrats Marine! MRE are all right, but I miss my C-Rats!

Semper Fi!

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Marine!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Marine!!!
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

First of all congrats! And secondly I had a possibly dumb question. Searching for the terms "phone call boot camp" made a weird error show up on my browser (?) so I was wondering, a friend of mine went through Air Force Recruit Training and he was able to earn a phone call to whoever he wanted for I'm not sure how long but it wasn't because of any emergency. I do realize that his experience is going to be very different from my future experience is that possible at boot camp? I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't but I just wanted to ask.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, this thread is almost a year old.

The only phone call in boot camp you get to make is when you arrive at MCRD and start the receiving process. It's about a 10 second phone call to your parents to let them know you arrived safely and that you'll be writting soon......that's it. There's a paper on the wall next to the phones telling recruits what to say....nothing more. Drill Instructors will be standing right next to all recruits during this time.
    The only other time you may be able to make a phone call home is if there happens to be an emergeny at home.
    The only other time is I believe the Sunday right before graduation when you have on base liberty for a few hours.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Water

Don't DRINK THE WATER AT CAMP LEJEUNE..........................usmc

MREs? Never had one. I do remember the orange nut rolls! Dyer than 29 palms.

i did not notice that the thread was so old hahaha but thank you for the information

i just graduated on may 21, 2010 with plt. 3249/LIMA @ mcrd San Diego . currently on my 10 day leave before mct.

Buddhism service is really relaxing on sundays

on the hikes, make sure ur pack is really tight, especially the one that goes around the waist, and take long, slow strides. and try to be in the front, because the back is basically running the whole time to keep it tight.

"this recruit has no excuses, sir" has gotten me out of alot of trouble

during firing week, ask your coach if you can shoot again in the morning/afternoon relay, even if u don't need the extra help. theres a chance he will say yes, and you'll get extra time to practice shooting. listen to everything your pmi teaches you

on table 2, aim high

Thread Information