Canoe Trip
Create Post

Thread: Canoe Trip

Canoe Trip

Our RS is going to go canoeing tomorrow morning at 0900. Never been canoeing before. Any fellow poolees who have canoed before and have more experience, please inform me of your experience and some basic tips and tricks that may help. This should be a good teamwork and brotherhood experience.

When your rowing, try not to rock yourself left and right or you'll start rocking the boat. Don't forget to use your back to row as well or you'll tire quick.

relax and have fun

Be in the front you wont get a splash back and you get to do all the splashing.

Look up how to do a j stroke. I would explain it buts its a long explanation. NEVER stand up or try to turn around while in the canoe. If you flip it your in big trouble. Other then that just enjoy

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    dont take your cell phone haha and depending on the people in your poole be ready to swim haha we fliper our canoe before and i had to swim up stream to get back to it haha

Haha. Well I'm gonna hit the rack. I'll report back when it's over. Can't wait. Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

Canoeing? Damn, we just have to do an IST. Hopefully we can organize a paintballing trip.

SkMike
    Guest Free Member
    why doesnt my RS do things like this... grr

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    my RS goes to kennywood....a theme park down here in Pittsbrugh

My recruiter takes us to the Run Park.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn that sounds fun, I should see if my RSS wants to do that.

It was fun. Good stuff. 6 miles and we all flipped each other. Great fun and bonding between the poolees and even the recruiters. Funny to try and tip your recruiter. Came upon many poolee-setup "ambushes" where they docked the canoe and waited for us to come by, haha. Me and my "battle buddy" got a system down to where I'd hop out and hold on to boat and defend us as I pushed the canoe down range from their grasp and tipping.

Good stuff. Worth the extra money we all pitched in.

Thread Information