Question about a "lawful" order. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Sometimes you can adjust the bottom blade on your clippers and make the cutting edges closer to even on the tips. Not all clippers will work that way. I also bought one of those beard trimmer clippers. Can't remember what kind they are but they cut really close.

Also, once you have your fade, turn your clippers over and point the cutting "tips" of the blade towards your grape like you are gonna try to cut yourself with them. That helps also with getting the sides and back a little closer if you wear a high reg or high-n-tight.
    Nice, thanks Gunny.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! Ya'll sound like a bunch of women! 3 pages of how to turn them clippers juuuuuust right - I'm tearin' up over here ya'll! (where is my frog?)

I'm sorry ya'll! (wiping tears from my eyes) I just think it's funny as hell! It's cute!

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I think they call that feathering. Helps get everything nice and even so the hair that's left doesn't form a ridge and you don't look like a Franciscan monk.

I straight razor the line up though, keeps the line looking very sharp and crisp and keeps stubble away longer. If anyone's in the market for one google "feather razor" those are the straight razor handles that accept razor blades. Far easier than stropping and honing your own straight razor.
    They save a lot of wear and tear on the old grape for those with less than steady hands

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Hair???

I don't believe this is what the Corps has become. Rank has it's privelage. Orders regardless how stupid are made to be followed. There's a reason. Just do it. Then take it up the chain of command, if it's that big a deal. Or you can not do it, take your article 15 like a man, and keep your haircut (maybe).

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Not trying to bust your nads on this...... but since when has this been a tradition? I retired just over a yr ago and I was a grunt for over 20 yrs. Never heard of that tradition.
    Gunny I saw a variation of this..

1 At least a high n tight until your first deployment
    2 Shave your head at the beginning of your first deployment (no matter your rank )
    3 From then on, just don't look like a turd. Low regs were never that popular in the Bn; we had a bigger problem with improper ( a k a F-d up) barracks cuts and Marines not trimming the top. They'd end up with a duck's ass sticking out of their cover...

I think someone needs to go back and read the order. There is no such thing as a low reg haircut anymore. Just like hands in the pockets is in the new order now and etc. If your hair is protruding out of your cover, you are not in regulation to the order so GO GET A DAMN HAIRCUT.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by drillinstructor View Post
    I think someone needs to go back and read the order. There is no such thing as a low reg haircut anymore. Just like hands in the pockets is in the new order now and etc. If your hair is protruding out of your cover, you are not in regulation to the order so GO GET A DAMN HAIRCUT.
    I know...they always got fixed...

I wish a Marine would throw an order at me after I tell him to get a haircut. I guarantee it will be the last time he does.

Since he wants to talk about orders, let’s talk

Does a Marine rate to eat lunch by a Marine Corps Order? No…good we don’t have lunch anymore.

Does an MCO say I cant work you until you can no longer stand or think? NO …good lets work.

Does an MCO say I can’t have 30 duties in the barracks at the same time? NO…good duty it is.

Hell I could go on but I am sure you see my point

GET YOUR HAIR CUT I AM SURE YOU HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE MARINE CORPS AND I GUARANTEE THAT LIFE IS OVER IF A MARINE REFUSES TO GET A HAIRCUT THAT I FEEL DOES NOT MEET THE STANDARD OF THE UNIT.

DI

I always thought MCO's, in many instances, were minimums.

And lawful order. That's a weak attempt to apply something that's mostly there for moral dilemmas to something as menial as a hair cut.

a lawful order is something that won't put you or anyone else in harms way... to tell you to get a haircut will not kill you or anyone else... nor will it damage any equipement.

as for what the MSgt said... I feel enlightened... I feel I have a knack for making "fun" ways of having Marines follow orders but those are great!!! thanks Top!

Quote Originally Posted by GyC View Post
    If you're within the regulation for grooming standards then your good... I don't think most would be within regs after two weeks.. 0-4 is still the reg, is it not?

the reg is 0-3 evenly graduated (spelling??) i wont forget the day we had to learn that it was stupid cuz im a female but i understand now. but ya

your NCO/SNCOIC can make their own orders. its not hazing because he will prolly get the same haircut if told. but dont throw the H word around like that. I'm dealin with sh!t like that now with a new PFC. but the easiest thing to do is go online and the order for hair cuts. and show it to him. quick easy and you cant get yelled at and you have proof. i have that with my tattoos.

I'm also an 03 and I rocked the high fade throughout ITB and as well as the first part of the fleet but I got poged out my first 6 months so of course I was rocking mid and low fades. I hit my first grunt unit and we rate mediums yet my Sgt always gets on my ass about my haircut saying it's a low fade and made me read to him the MCO on hair regulations and is trying to say my hair is unsightly protruding when it doesn't because I keep it short on the sides. They can't do anything about it so just do you and keep it in regs.

Remember Sgt's are always right, shave your head for him, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information