motorcycle wreck help
Create Post

motorcycle wreck help

okay i was in a motorcycle wreck and im looking for possible recommendations as to what any1 might have expierenced or seen with other Marines who had wrecked

1st off i did a endo front flip basicly and landed on my head at 45mph
    -Had the surgury for my ac seperation in april and had a pain pump connected

- was told my neck is out in 3 places, i had extreme pain there and around shoulder blades, and Extreme pain when i try and lay down on back or side on clavicle it almost feels like its bending like when you brake a twig

- The rehab ppl do not know what is wrong they said i should be able to have almost full range of motion, and my pain level is 8-9

i thought it could be a pinched nerve but i had been in 3-5 other wrecks before and never had pain like this, was on moraphine but tht didnt work either any ideas that way i can ask if its a possibility? Thanks Doc's

Boxinggrx,

I can give a couple of educated guesses that might be going on - I am a former BN IDC. The kicker is the mentioning of that the doctors said your 'neck is out is out in 3 places'. I am not sure if they are mentioning discs or not.

As simply explained (and short) as I can, the neck - spine in general - is a complex structure with alot of ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Any one of them could be injured and that hurts like a SOB and are not so fast in healing. They can created headaches also. Then throw in the muscles under the shoulder blades - it is a %$#@!& to message them out.

So long as there is no weakness or tingling in the arms, I would lean towards soft-tissue as the origin of the pain. If an MRI has not been done, ask your PT people to request an MRI with and without contrast of Skull, C-Spine, and T-Spine. Ultimately, it may show nothing (which is good) but it will rule out vascular and disc herniation. That means it is soft tissue and it will take time (depending how you behave yourself with rehab excersices).

Without more info, laying eyes, or hands on you, that is the best I can offer at the moment. The other option to offer, go see an IDC at your BAS, not a MO - if you do this (depending on which duty station your at, I may know them) I could possibly make a phone call to them and put a bug in their ear for different diagnosis's.

Hope this helps some.
    Doc

Thread Information