Tattoo removal
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo removal

Tattoo removal

Hello Marines, So I have been asking around and I'm sure that some of you have read my post about covering up my tattoos for my recruiter. From what the Marines here have told me this can't be done, I have decided to just get them removed and be safe. I heard someone say that some laser treatment places offer discounts or loans for this type of situation. My question is, Does anyone here know of any of these places, Or any alternatives. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Do you have a family doctor? If so, in my opinion, I would make an appointment and ask for his/her advice and if he/she can refer you to any doctor or clinic in the area where you live.
    Again, in my opinion, that's the only way you are going to get all the answers that you want about having your tattoos removed.

Here's the thing, I do not have any Money and no family with the money to help, Cant find a job in california. And no, I don't have a family doc so I would have to pay to see a doc. What should I do? I am starting to lose motovation here. I have worked my a$$ off to get here and now I'm being told that I am not fit to serve my country because of some stupid tattoos!

Get really drunk and have one of your buddies do it with a hot iron.

What tattoos are they and what's the location of them? Or is it that your recruiter just doesn't want to do the leg work for you? I had many applicants that had tattoos and even 1 applicant that had a part of one removed to just below the neck bone just to get in. Once in the Naval Hospital can remove the rest.

I have three tattoos. The first and biggest is a death dealer that is on my left leg, It covers from my ankle to just below my knee on the outside of my calf. The second is a grenade lying in 45. shells, It is in the same spot but on the other leg and is just a little bigger than my hand. The last is a thick woman sitting in a chair eating a sandwich, It is just above my right knee and I can cover it with my hand. I think my recruiter does not want to do the work because I've seen pleanty of people get in with tattoos but i also know the Corps has met quota.

Tattoos which are noticeable in pt gear are frowned upon in the Marine Corps, they are unprofessional. It isn't the Marines fault that you decided to get tattoos in these areas, you screwed yourself. Maybe you should see about getting a loan or something to pay for the removal, but I think your easiest opinion would be to step inside an Army recruiting station- I hear they take almost anyone.

Marines have high standards. If you can't meet these high standards, you can't be a Marine.

LOL I like your sense of humor! I'll Figure it out.

It was me that told you I got a discount, but that was in Louisiana back in 2004 or 2005. Google your way to some California information.

Quote Originally Posted by kimosabi1988 View Post
    The last is a thick woman sitting in a chair eating a sandwich...
    Please, leave that one lol

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Tattoos which are noticeable in pt gear are frowned upon in the Marine Corps, they are unprofessional. It isn't the Marines fault that you decided to get tattoos in these areas, you screwed yourself. Maybe you should see about getting a loan or something to pay for the removal, but I think your easiest opinion would be to step inside an Army recruiting station- I hear they take almost anyone.

Marines have high standards. If you can't meet these high standards, you can't be a Marine.
    I hope you are joking. The Marine Corps is loaded with people tattooed from head to toe. In fact, the Marine Corps was one of the last places where you could have sleeve tattoos and still be considered "professional" in uniform. I think it's a load of crap that you are sitting here trying to lecture this guy on something that PLENTY of Marines are guilty (bad choice of word but you know what I mean) of doing themselves.

I get that the new tatoo policy is very strict now, but I highly doubt you ever confronted a Marine for having tattoos all over the places and call him "unprofessional."

Anyways, my advice to you dude is to ask for a tattoo waiver from your recruiter. He'll probably advise you otherwise, but this is your future we're talking about here, tell him you want a waiver or you'll find someone who is willing to help you.

If you are denied a tattoo waiver then borrow, beg, work, stand on a street corner, do whatever you have to do to raise enough money to see a doc and get that stuff removed.

Killbodies: the Marine Corps has the highest standards, and from what I know, the Corps in the only one that is cracking down on tattoos. I happen to agree with the Commandant, I think tattoos which are exposed in uniform are unprofessional.

The current Marines with sleeve tattoos are 'grandfathered' into the new policy. But all poolees looking to enter the Corps better not have tattoos in these areas, otherwise they can expect their enlistment to be denied. I don't think they offer waivers for this, but if they do, the Corps has met their 202k upgrade, therefore our standards are much higher... the Corps isn't granting as many waivers as they used too.

Killbodies: You need to fix your attitude, I am getting tired of reminding you about this. You are a Marine, act like one.

Killbodies: the Marine Corps has the highest standards
    o rly?

and from what I know, the Corps in the only one that is cracking down on tattoos. I happen to agree with the Commandant, I think tattoos which are exposed in uniform are unprofessional.
    And why do you think tattoos that can be seen are unprofessional? We're in the business of killing people, not trying to look like businessmen. Not only that, but when we are actually overseas in battle we're covered up by our cammies, thus nullifying the whole argument about it being "unprofessional."

The current Marines with sleeve tattoos are 'grandfathered' into the new policy. But all poolees looking to enter the Corps better not have tattoos in these areas, otherwise they can expect their enlistment to be denied. I don't think they offer waivers for this, but if they do, the Corps has met their 202k upgrade, therefore our standards are much higher... the Corps isn't granting as many waivers as they used too.
    I think this comment was intended for the wanabe.

Killbodies: You need to fix your attitude, I am getting tired of reminding you about this. You are a Marine, act like one.
    You need to stop trying to tell me what to do. Apparently you didn't get the memo about me not bowing down to every little thing you say.

And what the hell was the "You are a Marine, act like one" comment supposed to mean? I can't speak my mind without being acting like a "non-Marine?" I don't get it.

Killbodies:

Marines pride themselves on being presentable. That's the same reason Marines get hair cuts each week, shave every day, and always have their uniforms squared away. Tattoos are identifying marks, and depending how large they are or what they contain, they negatively affect the image of the Marine Corps. We take pride and honor in our image as Marines. Our image is not limited to our ability to fight, but also how professional we are and look in uniform. The Commandant and SgtMaj of the MC agrees with this concept. We are not sloppy like the Army, we are professional in every way.

That comment about the tattoo waivers was intended for you as well. It was obvious by your post that you did not understand the new tattoo policy. You really should do your research before you 'correct' another Marine.

If you really are a Marine, you need to start acting like one. Have you forgotten everything you learned in the Corps? You obviously don't respect the Marines on this site. You act like a child, picking arguments because you think you are all that. You have no sense of honor or pride in the service you represent... you are a disgrace to the Corps. It is sh!tbags like you who give the Corps a bad name. I think it would be best if you were to leave this site. This is a place for Marines who have served honorably and take great pride in their service and fellow Marines.... you are not one of us. I'm not just referring to this thread, but all threads in which you have posted.

If you don't like tattoos, feel free to not get any. You have that right. What you do not have the right to do is tell me that I look unprofessional if I have any. That is not any different than me telling you that you look like a sissy in uniform because you don't have any tattoos. No one thought twice about tattoos 20 years ago until the US and the Marine Corps started becoming so politically correct. God forbid one of the Marine Corps warriors have ink on their arm. Am I also unprofessional in my police uniform now? The current rules are what they are. Personal opinions should be kept just that, personal. And as one last point, since I do not agree with your opinion, does that I do not belong on this sight because I am not one of you?

Thread Information