Motivational Story from today
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Motivational Story from today

So me and my recruiter were working this fair up by the station trying to get me some recruits so i can get my promotion and we had atleast 20 people come up to us and just say thanks and it's just really good knowing there are people out there that understand and respect what your doing it's rather motivational

Seen a kid in a truck with a Marine sticker on it. I assume his dad or sibling was in the Corps. Noticed him looking over at my truck as I pulled off the highway. Saluting me. Gave me chills. Nice to know people out there understand and respect it with the level it deserves. Truly a brotherhood with deep roots.

Credits
    Savings
    yeah it sent chills through me it was exciting though i can't wait to ship i wish i could go to MCRD tommorow

Us 2010'ers have a while to go

Credits
    Savings
    i know i wish i could ship now :/ well mentaly though right now i couldn't make it physically well maybe but it'd be harder then it will be next year

Ya man you have like what 11 months? i have 6. freaking sucks

Credits
    Savings
    yeah i have almost a full year it sucks haha but i know atleast physically and endurance wise i'll be ready right now i'm startin slow just three days a week workin out once school starts i'll probalby atleast run everyday cause i'll have easier access to the track

i run up n down the road. about 2.5 miles four days a week most of the time.

Credits
    Savings
    yeah i'm working on pushing over the first hurdle so i'm trying to take it a lil slow cause i still get a bad runners cramp less then half way around the track so i'm just trying to hydrate and stretch and stuff and kepe it slow but not stop as soon as it hurts

keep going man sometimes i feel lazy and dont want to but i eventually kick my self in the ass and go.

Credits
    Savings
    yeah and we have a poolee function every week with our recruiters and we run about 3 miles and do workouts and theres something about being in that formation that makes you overcome all the pain and you just keep going being in form running to cadence is really motivating plus if i fall behind they run in circles till i catch up

i swear my RS sucks right now... we usually run 1.5 miles every thurs and go play basketball aftwerwardss but we havent done anything in ever.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldridge0311 View Post
    i swear my RS sucks right now... we usually run 1.5 miles every thurs and go play basketball aftwerwardss but we havent done anything in ever.
    I'd laugh if your recruiter was to see this. I'd pay for tickets to the nice pt session he would give you. Watch the context of what you say. You never know who is watching. If your RSS isn't pt'ing as they should be. Get together with fellow poolees and pt yourselves. Nothing better then motivating yourself. Look at it as practice for boot camp. Stay motivated

Credits
    Savings
    haha we work every week it depends on the recruiters like mine are still young and got over 10 years left so they need to stay in shape we go rock climbing and stuff sometimes we go to kennywood every fall and the GunnerySgt. Pays lol

I said right now. I did not criticize anyone, just mostly saying that my recruiter has been busy with all his trips to MEPS and what not.

He knows I look up to him, i love that guy man.

But yes lol i shouldnt have said that and if i get my ass kicked in p/t bring it on.

but i work out everyday. no job so just pt all day everyday man.

Thread Information