Corpsman Up!!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corpsman Up!!!

Hello Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim View Post
    Thanks Phantom,i will know something thursday.my wife is going with me,told me we will get through this and to suck it up and be the Marine that i aways have been.She has had cancer and beat it!.Shes is a better Marine than I am sometimes and never enlisted in the Corps.Semper Fi my brothers and sisters
    As usual, I missed out in your problem. I'm not sure, how to tell you, How much I enjoy reading your posts, and Roses, of course. I'll try to pay a little bit more attention. Just keep thinking good thoughts Jim. S/F!!! Ken

Hello Doc Greek,and everyone else.I just want to -clear-up a few things. The James J. Peters-Veterans Medical Center-is a very fine-Hospital.It has improved to be a" State Of the Art"-Hospital.When you are in Radiology-you will get-the finest of care-Their Radiologists-are the Best in the Country.The Radiology Department has the Newest and Best Equipment-money can buy.The Radiological -Technology Staff-Are The Best Trained.The two Ct-Scanners-Are manned by Excellent-people.The Seamens-Mri -Scanner is one of the Best in the World-The Technologists that run it-are Professionally Trained.If you "have some Illness or Pathology-and you come to "The James J. Peters-Radiology Department"-They will find your-Problem, and with the Help of VA-Physicians-they will Fix your Problem. I never said the Care was bad.The care is Good-compared to most other -hospitals in New York-If it wasn't, I couldn't work there .That's the way I am.I would like to see more Veterans that were trained-in the service in Medicine,work in all Veterans-Hospitals.I really think the VA-Veteran Patient-would be more satisfied-with the services-presented.HM3 Doc Wilder -say Bye for now.

Where is everyone?Where did you go?-Did I do something wrong?-hm3 Wilder-roger out.

Hello DocGreek and everyone else,I am so Proud to be on Leatherneck-with Marines and Corpsman-that I become Eurphoric and Drunk-with Appreciation for just being able to be here.I get affected-I cant sleep when I get off this site for six hours or more.I am so excited to be here-I get a little crazy-Being Here on Leatherneck is like A Gift from God to me.Marines have children,they become Marines,and their children become Marines-I know the Marines are a Tradition But I see it at this second,-As A Dynisty -an" Empire" of the Best Fighting Force In the World-'That Protects America'-Generation after Generation of Marines-Doing What they want to do-Giving their Allegence - and their Lives to "The Marine Corps"-God Bless You All-I am so Grateful to be here-that it takes my Breathe away-I wish I was With You Marines.What A career you guys have-Who would want to do anything Else?

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    Hey Doc Greek,Just wanna say-Greetings to you-and everyone else.This morning-about 0500-I responded to a few replies.I do not see them posted.One reply -was to HM2-Or HM1-Haas-who says He Doesn't remember me.I wrote three-messages-back to him;but cant find them.I don't know how to work this -little-box answer thing.I just want to say-a few-things about Haas-Corpsman-Echo-Co,1ST.Batt-28 Marines-5Th Marine Div 1967-1968.Yeah Haas-did give supplies out to company-aid men.He also attended-Bar-And made a good "Tombstone-Pizza" in twenty minutes.One guy that worked the bar with him,was Zabbitol-or something like-that.He was on his third marriage-A real Salty-Navy type-who took some type-of diet pill and beat up his wife.Do you remember that? Haas.We were good friends-you and I Haas.I'm from the Bronx,New York.Do you remember Chief White?;the best Navy Chief.You were a good Corpsman-You did your job, perfect.Do you remember Terry Branson-He was an undertaker by profession.Do you remember this corpsman from Arizonia-who used to spray his feet with underarm deodorent.A Corpsman named Finger-another named David Morrison,Emory Fain Lasitter-He had a Blue hatchback Barracuda.I was his sidekick-most of the time.I really have fond memories-of the 62 area.Haas did'nt you like to go through the desert-with a water-can-on your ride.Now there were ten Corpsman -on the Mountout to-Vietnam;by President Johnson-You were one of them Haas.I remember everything like it was yesterday-I some times take some-GinKo-Boloba-but it does'nt help my spelling.Now I'm Going To Tell you-Something Haas-and you should remember this. There were some riots-in our 62 area.There was a Marine lying on the ground-I was a HN at that time.There were two Corpsman standing above-him.They were higher ranked than me-but they froze-I squatted-turned his head,opened his mouth-cleared his airway-blood and fluid came out.That's when I knew I was in the right MOS-8404.From that day on I knew ,I had the Right Stuff for the job.How about a Corpsman named Steve Horst,A Corpsman named David-who used to stuff his supplies-in his jacket. Not a bad idea to not let them-Vietcong-or nva-see that Corpsman bag.I feel a little hurt and angry-that you don't remember me-Haas.It appears that you stayed in the Navy-Not me Baby.One tour in Nam almost killed me.That was enough.The only other thing I can say is that in the EM-Club-where you worked -there was a jukebox-there was a country western song-"Mr Shorty"-I only heard it there.I never heard it again.It was a very popular-song that was played there-Haas you must remember that song
    Doc Greek, and all reading this,Thankyou for letting me in. I also responded to the Corpsman's Birthday-but all of it got lost.Let me just say-May God Protect All Those In Harms Way-Happy Birthday Corpsman--HM3 Wilder-or as Wolfman Jack used to say on XERB-"BYE"
    I have to fess up to something about Haas Echo-Maybe It's a Corpsman named Clyde-Who also is a big guy-and also worked in the EM-club;thus making the Zabitol -story not true for Haas.The part about the riots-is true with Haas.Also Haas Liked wearing his Second Class Navy -work clothes-you know that blue work-shirt-and Navy -Dungarees-in supply. Is this not true Haas?.Give us a sign here-Your probably at work in your Bar-doing what you like best-Being with people".Gotta tell ya-"Haas is a real nice guy.It might have been Clyde -that had that water can on his car-and used to go through the desert. Hey I"m not perfect-The rest about Haas is True-How could you forget me Haas?.You know what I think-Corpsman should be working on cadavers in Hospital Corps School.This would really give them the time-saving knowledge-of What to clamp off.I learned clamp off every vessel you can feel.It's true most of the time-when I or my Corpsman friends-went to First-Med mostly to drop off Marines that were wounded-or burned bad-We wanted to get the hell out of there.Sometimes we-assisted by putting IV's in.You couldn't help learning things if you stuck around.So Many Years Ago-Isn't that right George Harrison?-Now Haas got shot in the arm in Nam.Clyde got hurt or got wounded in his back.Forgot all about him.Maybe Clyde is from Louisiana-not Haas.What do you say Haas-Clear this up--Por Favor.........

Never-mind clamping off vessels-Corpsman should have Classes in Vascular-Surgery-with these cadavers.Let's get real-Have phantoms-that actually hemorrhage-War requires-the best and fastest-wound treatment-money can teach.Also I knew this Corpsman-that used to go on recon with Marines-He didn't take his Corpsman Bag-He took a 16.Don't remember his name.That's what I mean-Corpsman are the worst killers in Nam.I know other stories about-Corpsman and the enemy.Hello -Doctor Mengella-are you in?Ever feel bad?real bad?-and you see a gory slasher movie-or some crime victims-bloody footage-and you feel better.Your watching-a Kung Fu movie-Like 5 Fingers of Death.The Arterial Bleeding is so good you feel comfit able and at home.Well then you have been damaged like me.

Sorry Folks-The above doesn't make sense either-How about just a few vascular-surgical classes.That's Okay;since Corpsman and Marines only have a five second life span in Combat-It's on the job training."The Blues"-that's my favorite music.
    Get some Blues in your Jukebox-HussEcho-Your patrons will love it.Get some nice Country Western-Music also.Never been to Colorado.

No one knows exactly what will be in the HM "A" schools classes at Ft. Sam Houston,but I'm sure they know what to teach.

And I don't think -I'll get invited either.Enjoy the rest of the weekend-Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    No one knows exactly what will be in the HM "A" schools classes at Ft. Sam Houston,but I'm sure they know what to teach.
    -I'm speaking of Hospital Corpsman School in the USN.I don't care about Fort Sam Houston-at all.I Love the Marines-not the Army.Bless you HM1

I guess you may want to catch up on the last 10 years or so.Navy Hospital Corps School and most "C" schools are moving to Ft.Sam Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I guess you may want to catch up on the last 10 years or so.Navy Hospital Corps School and most "C" schools are moving to Ft.Sam Houston.
    You Got me there Hm1 DanM-I didn't know that.Then What you said-is "Corpsman will train at Fort Sam Houston"-That's Far Out.........What will they -call this training?Would this still be a Corpsman A School-or somthing else?What's wrong then with the Navy-running their own Corpsman Schools-like they used to -just have some advanced Vascular training.Get to know the Aorta-Vertibrial Vessels-Superior Vena Cava-Inf Vena Cava--Abdominal Aorta-Pelvic Blood Vessels-Carodids in the neck -ect ect........That's all I want.I think Corpsman are Great.With this Training,they Will be Better .If Fort Sam Houston is Going To Teach this--------Bully for Them and it's about time.Your right-I don't know anything about Corpsman trainning (not for ten years)try 45 years......Thankyou.....and Bless Everyone.

Did you say C School?-I don't know anything about C School.I thought that B-school-was Lab tech,X-ray Tech,Medical Photography,I guess C school is higher.What do they teach?

Hello HM1 Dan/M-I went to the site www.metc.mill/----Well-The Website-looks really nice-but what they offer falls far short of what I'm speaking of.They offer one Basic Medic Course.When you click on it-Here's what we teach.It shows nothing.Maybe the Military-Medical Training Course is "Classified"that's why it's not listed.At any rate I checked out the Medical-Tech-Stuff they teach;and it's "Very"-Weak.Pharmacy-Asst,CardioVascular-Technology-That Course-Is "Nothing" and has nothing to even do with Cardio-Vascular Surgery-It's A joke-I'm Very Disappointed.The other medical things they teach-are entry level- Medical-courses.Radiology is one complete course taught.Also their -DOD-Bio-Med Equipment Technician-looks good.Everything else looks like you would get a better Medical Education-If you enrolled in A real -Medical College.-where you have to do-real-internships-to get your hours in.So I E-Mailed-The Department Of the Navy-Bureau of Medicine and Surgery(Bumed)Pubic Affairs Office for review.I reached the Nav-Med Help Desk-So I'll tell you what happens.I believe the Corpsman that liked to play Recon-name was Doc Scotty-or Scott-I think Corpsman and Marines have a hightened sense of Awareness-as Rutgur Houer-says-They need greater stimulation -to heighten their senses of Pleasure.That's why "WE"-get off on things that Excite us-and do crazy things.Bye For Now

Thread Information