lima co 3/4 3rd mar div 1971-1972 Raiders - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was late to the fight...Lima 3/4 77-78. Good luck in your search.

Trying again

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    Well this was Lcpl Glass when we were on Uss Grayback.. we were in k3/4. think i was in 2nd plt! wow have been wanting to find us all on it. pls contact me...
    Still wish contact from you pls. have picture while on sub. was awsome being on there. remember when we were headed to Hong Kong for RR i did night help at food area then arrived there was told i had no duty. well hope get reply Thanks

I was the Marine combat cameraman with Lima, 3/4 and Lt. George Sullivan on Sparrow Hawk in Gio Linh, Quang Tri. We got hit pretty bad and Kilo, 3/4 saved our butts. Film segment on History Channel online, "Film Corp." Heavy casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by fl1946 View Post
    I was the Marine combat cameraman with Lima, 3/4 and Lt. George Sullivan on Sparrow Hawk in Gio Linh, Quang Tri. We got hit pretty bad and Kilo, 3/4 saved our butts. Film segment on History Channel online, "Film Corp." Heavy casualties.
    Wow thanks, When we were training to be raiders they really worked us out. really like reading all this. when company office stuff arrived we unloaded trucks and everything was mess blood everywhere.

Wpns co and Shore Party 3/4 1st Marine Brigade 1955,56.

Arrow 1971 Raider

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    Wpns co and Shore Party 3/4 1st Marine Brigade 1955,56.
    Well this is great. like getting more mails. do you have pictures! what was weapon did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    Well this is great. like getting more mails. do you have pictures! what was weapon did you use?

Used the M1 and 45 pistol, 3.5 rocket launcher, C3 and TNT explosives,
    heavy machine gun(water cooled 30 cal.) and proably some that I can`t remember.

almost forget the M1 and M2 carbine.

Hi Guys, My name is Jim, same situation as you. Was our Lieutenant's name Lt. MaDonald or McDoll ???? Something like that. This was sometime in 1971, right. Hope I can find this site again to see if I get a response.

Anyone remember Leo Lombardo from the Grayback in '72? Was a grunt, but pegged as field radio operator also, so he would have probably been humping the radio.

I know he was on the Grayback for Operation Thunderbird, but having trouble finding out if that was 4th Marines or 9th Marines. Not much info about it out there since it was classified until recently.

I know he was on the Grayback for Operation Thunderhead, but having trouble finding out if that was 4th Marines or 9th Marines. Not much info about it out there since it was classified until recently.

looking for info on E5/E6 Albert Keeton

Thread Information