Question to the Infantry.
Create Post

Question to the Infantry.

Whats up Devil Dogs? I just had a question about joining Infantry and I wanted to know from you if you enjoyed it or hated it. Reason I am asking is because I am going into the Marines and my MOS of choice is 03xx Infantry. Everyone in my family is telling me to do something other than Infantry especially my Uncle who was a grunt in Vietnam. I just wanted to hear about your experiences. Personally for me I think I would enjoy being with the grunts.

Grunts are the epitome of the Marine Corps....do it. They are why the whole rest of the Marine Corps exists. Lots of different things you can do in the Corps as a grunt.....but it's most likely gonna suck at first. It's a lot of hard training and you'll be in the field a bunch, most of the time actually. You'll be deployed more, and do more than most any other Marine billet. If you want to join the Corps to be on the "cutting edge", grunts are the way to go. Good luck son....

Gunny sends

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why 1/2 step @ Do anything else? We Few,Us Happy Few are @ Always Will Be the Backbone of The United States Marines!!! Yut Yut Semper Fi OOOHRAH

I totally agree with the Gunny. There will be times it sucks at first, but it is well worth it. The time in the field training is the best part. When in garrison and while your a boot you will get very aquinted with various cleaning supplies, but it's a great time.

The only thing I can say that I disliked about infantry was being actually being an 0351. Granted, the weapons and explosives I was able to use was cool, but hauling that crap on 10+ mile humps is retarded. Stick with being an 0311. They get to do all of the "fun" infantry stuff. If you are a 0331, 41, or 51 it gets old fast.

Although I can't complain too much, being an assaultman did land me in Hawaii.

Loved it. As stated above, back bone of the Corps. You will meet some real good buddies and you will have ups and downs. But all in all, it was a blast. Very rewarding. I was able to look anyone in the eyes and tell them I was Infantry. They normally backed off after that. They knew what hell we went through and what we would do to defend ourselves and our buddies.

thanks for all the responses. I figured Infantry Marines loved it and I believe I will also thats why I wanted to go infantry is because of the Challenge and being the Tip of the Spear. I hope to become a fine killer one day.

Quote Originally Posted by killbodies3027 View Post
    Stick with being an 0311. They get to do all of the "fun" infantry stuff. If you are a 0331... it gets old fast.
    I disagree with that, but I am a bit biased.

Infantry is tough, but the bonds you cultivate with your brothers and the challenges you overcome far outweigh the bad times.

I too loved being a grunt. Since your always in the field and in crappy situations, you develope a great sense of humor. You also learn to just make do with what you have. However, it depends on you and what you want to do in the long run i.e. stay in the corps, get out and be a computer tech, so on and so on. If you plan on doing your 4 and getting out, maybe look into a mos that relates to the career choice you would want to do when you got out.

Thread Information