Blood strip for blues trousers
Create Post

Blood strip for blues trousers

I joined the MCL a few months ago and volenteered to do color guard. Of course I then attempted to put on my charlie shirt and the trousers from my blues. Well the trousers I could not get over my butt and the shirt I could not button. So I went to ebay and found both of under $40. with shipping. I need to add the blood strip to my trousers but I am not sure excately where it is placed on the trousers. Any help is really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt0331 View Post
    I joined the MCL a few months ago and volenteered to do color guard. Of course I then attempted to put on my charlie shirt and the trousers from my blues. Well the trousers I could not get over my butt and the shirt I could not button. So I went to ebay and found both of under $40. with shipping. I need to add the blood strip to my trousers but I am not sure excately where it is placed on the trousers. Any help is really appreciated.
    I don't know the specifics since I had the tailors do it but I do know they sit pretty much even with the front "flap" of your pockets.

Can't help you out with the placement of the blood stripe on your trousers.....but, my brother who's a Sr.Vice Commandant in the MCL, doesn't wear his Charlie blouse, and neither do any of the other officers or MCL members. They wear a white shirt with all of the necessary ribbons, badges, and patches.
    My brother is the 3rd one in from the left, standing next to they guy with the ribbon around his neck.

This is a recent pic of some of our MCL members from our Memorial Day parade.

Ceremonial Uniform

Departments or Detachments having a Color Guard may wear the Ceremonial Uniform, ONLY when
    participating in these ceremonies. This uniform is authorized for both male and female members.

Marine Corps League ribbons ONLY are to be worn, or no ribbons at all.
    The shirt is either the Marine Corps, khaki, long sleeve, (Bravo) uniform shirt or the Marine Corps, khaki,
    short sleeve (Charlie) uniform shirt.

If the long sleeve (Bravo) shirt is worn, the Marine Corps khaki necktie and Marine Corps or Marine Corps
    League gold tie bar is worn."

Only the dress blue trousers with red NCO stripe and the Marine Corps web belt and brass buckle are to be
    worn with this uniform.

The rest of the uniform, the shoes, socks, patches and name tag are the same as is worn on the Undress
    Uniform.

This uniform is no longer a MCL uniform. NO KACKI SHIRTS ALLOWED ANY MORE!!

Quote Originally Posted by doublebogey2 View Post
    This uniform is no longer a MCL uniform. NO KACKI SHIRTS ALLOWED ANY MORE!!
    Yes, I know that, and I thought I made a post with the correction. The order went into affect Aug 7, 2009 and at the time of my previous post, dated July 3, 2009, they were allowed.

And you may want to fill out all of your profile so that the Marines here know who they are talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt0331 View Post
    . I need to add the blood strip to my trousers but I am not sure excately where it is placed on the trousers. Any help is really appreciated.
    Getting back to the original question.

It runs from the bottom of the waist band along the edge of the pocket following the trousers seam and is turned (hemmed up) under the leg opening.

Hope that clears its up, thats the best I can explain it.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....is it a "STRIP"....or a "STRIPE"??? I had "STRIPES" on my Dress Blues, and 13 BUTTONS!!.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc I've been living with a squid for 17 years and have yet to see her wearing a uniform containing a blood stripe.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You're right, Robert!! It's been so long, I thought Squids had a red stripe on their shoulder, for being at sea.....DUH!! That's what happens when your memory gets fried with today's prescription meds!!!

Thread Information