Help With Toning Chest - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    cut out all carbs, i.e. bread, white rice, and sugar. No sodas. Run, bike, swim do cardio.
    Like I just said, cut out all carbs as possible, yes I know Lasagne and Spaghetti is SOOOOO good, but just cut anything with white flour out, but if you must, use Whole grain carbs( minimaly). Eat LESS a day, eat a good healthy supper, but only eat fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch. If you half your calorie intake you will loose the fat two fold. And RUN, Bike, Swim to get your metabolism back up. Ohh you might want to quit drinking alchohol if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    ....excess bodyfat around my lower chest .....
    Medium to wide position push-ups on blocks or quart size paint cans, chunks of wood, bricks etc. for maximum range "the perfect push" style. A thick coiled spring with bike grips on both ends 'chest toner' hard to find used and about 30 bucks new, it will lift that chest. And what may be the most effective exercise for the low chest are dips on parallel bars or between two chairs.

--->Dave

Do decline bench press. It targets that specific part of the chest, but diet is 90% more effective than spot training.

sure it's not de-cline bench press?

ah yes i read wrong thought i saw the word incline but didnt

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    alright,thanks guys on the tips.Like i said ive been doing cardio and trying to eat right,and drinking whey protein and mostly water everyday.I plan on to start using Creatine to use i after football lifting and start taking fish oil caps,which i heard helped burn fat with proper exercise.

Ahhh,

Be careful with the protien. Unless you're really busting your balls it can put weight on you that you don't want.

alright,thanks guys on the tips.Like i said ive been doing cardio and trying to eat right,and drinking whey protein and mostly water everyday.I plan on to start using Creatine to use i after football lifting and start taking fish oil caps,which i heard helped burn fat with proper exercise.
    I'd stay away from the creatine.
    Check this thread out.....
    Supplements
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...light=creatine

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good post about supplements.I have done alot of research on creatine and i know that it can have its benefits,as long as you work out and stay hydrated.I dont plan to stay on it long,i'll just be using it over this summer to help get toned and stroger for the season.

Then i will just stick to whey protein which is what i use now.I havent gained any weight from it,but i can tell in some spots where i see definition.I plan to start using fish oil also.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Ya that, exactly, and do pushups, many, many push-ups.

I bought the "perfect pushup" thing for Christmas and I love it.

If you wanna get rid of your man boobs try looking into that.
    Perfect pushups are insane! It tears me up everytime I use it. I highly recommend this product as well.

First thing I would suggest is to get your BMI measured (using a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) which are available at the commercial gyms, and track your progress from there. You can not 'target' train to lose fat. Prime example is sit-ups to target and reduce stomach fat. The body doesn't work that way. It decides where and how to remove body fat. But as another Marine said, Dips are the best workout for the lower chest. Also, Fish Body oils are not a fat burner. They provide omega-3 fatty acids. Protein intake in and of itself does not cause you to gain weight. What makes you gain weight is the poor quality of some protein powders due to the fact that some contain simplex carbohydrates (simple sugars). Protein intake is one of the most important parts to losing weight and building muscle because protein is what the muscle needs to grow. I would not cut down on caloric intake and increase aerobic/anaerobic exercises as this will not raise your 'metabolism'. Cutting calories causes the body to actually retain more calories from a meal than otherwise because the body thinks it is in starvation mode and therefore holds onto them. Most likely, this will cause a yo-yo affect w/body weight. You need 4-5 meals spaced out along w/1-1.5 grams of protein per lean pound of body mass (calculated from the BMI) along w/aerobic & anaerobic exercises which will increase your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMB) and hence increase your metabolism.
    Long post I know but important.

Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    I would not cut down on caloric intake and increase aerobic/anaerobic exercises as this will not raise your 'metabolism'. Cutting calories causes the body to actually retain more calories from a meal than otherwise because the body thinks it is in starvation mode and therefore holds onto them.
    TRUE, however if your taking in 4,000 calories a day and sitting in an office all day, then you should half it. www.bodybuilding.com has a wealth of nutritional information, AND workout programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    TRUE, however if your taking in 4,000 calories a day and sitting in an office all day, then you should half it. www.bodybuilding.com has a wealth of nutritional information, AND workout programs.
    Yes, a sedentary lifestyle will only compound the problem. However, reducing calories is more than a cut and dry formula, then for example, reducing daily intake by half. When cutting calories, it is more a function of finding out what your daily caloric maintenance level is and then adjusting the number from there to achieve the desired goal.

Wow, there is a lot of bad advice scattered throughout this thread. Stop eating carbs? Cut down your caloric intake? Are you guys nuts? Dieting doesn't work, exercise does.

The last thing you want to do is starve yourself, or at least deprive yourself of nutrition. What you are describing is that you have excess body fat, and the best thing you can do to burn the fat is cardio, period. Keep up with your strength training, because you will need it in the Marines. But increasing your cardio to burn the fat that strength training doesn't burn is a must.

Also, just pay attention to what you eat. Everyone is smart enough to realize what foods are fattier than others. Eat as you need, just make sure it's healthy and keep up with your fitness routines. That's the only thing you can do.

Also, there is no such thing as "toning." Toning is nothing more than a marketing ploy used to lure stupid people into buying their retarded workout videos.

Thread Information