Going back in
Create Post

Thread: Going back in

Going back in

After several years I've made the commitment to go back into the Reserves. I kept my seabag full of utilities in case I ever felt the call. They're all woodlands. Need to buy all new ones now. At least I can give them to my kids and their friends run around the neighborhood.

Congrats, Sir.

The Reserves really can be the best of both worlds.

Congrats Sir, Is it easier for an Officer to get back in? There are a few Marines here trying to get back in and it seems to be a long process, me included. PS Tustin was my favorite Duty Station, you ever been there? SF

Getting back into the Reserves is hella easy compared to AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Getting back into the Reserves is hella easy compared to AD.
    Could you elaborate more please, we want to know.

Contact a prior service recruiter, pick a unit with an opening that you're willing to travel to, go to MEPS (if it's been a while), check in.

I know I'm going to eat those words because things are changing so much in the Marine Corps.

But for me, I just called the PSR, met him at Camp Telega (where A Co 4th LAR was before it moved to Las Flores) the next weekend and checked in. I was still on my IRR time though.

All you really need is for there to be a need in that unit's TOE and a good RE code.

The best part is, if you are still IRR you go in non-ob and if there isn't a stop loss or stop move you can come and go as you please, provided you check in and out properly. And the reserves are really good if you have a young family and want to stay somewhat fastened to that side of the life.

Hey, what bn were you in recruit training. We were in around the same times.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post

Hey, what bn were you in recruit training. We were in around the same times.
    2nd Bn, 2043 MCRD SD

Sh!t we just Hijacked an Officers Thread...outta here!

Good to see you decided to return to the Corps sir.

On a side note, it wouldn't be a big deal for me to get back in if my PSR wasn't a boot in the recruiter field and being a royal pain in the ass. He doesn't know what he's talking about for the most part and I keep asking him to transfer me to someone else (politely of course =P) so I can get the ball rolling already.

I'm tempted just to find a regular recruiter if this guy keeps annoying me.

Quote Originally Posted by killbodies3027 View Post
    Good to see you decided to return to the Corps sir.

On a side note, it wouldn't be a big deal for me to get back in if my PSR wasn't a boot in the recruiter field and being a royal pain in the ass. He doesn't know what he's talking about for the most part and I keep asking him to transfer me to someone else (politely of course =P) so I can get the ball rolling already.

I'm tempted just to find a regular recruiter if this guy keeps annoying me.
    Hey its your career, go find another one in a different area. If you do have questions, look up SSgt Gordon found in the search function, he would be more than happy to help you, he's definitely on the ball.

I spent all my active duty time at Tustin and El Toro.

I miss Tustin, for some odd reason, maybe because I miss helo noise, Those Hangars are HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by Blutic View Post
    I spent all my active duty time at Tustin and El Toro.
    El Toro was the best, at least back in the early 80's.

Sad that they closed. I think I was the last officer to leave El Toro in 1999.

I was told the whole process of getting back in would only take 1-2 months for approval. We will see.

Thread Information