BAH while on leave???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BAH while on leave???

I just checked my navy fed account and it says pending payment of 1117. Pretty happy considering thats like 400 more than I usually get. I checked my mypay for June and it says I'm getting 317 BAH w/o dependents. This happened to me once before, I had recruiters assistance after boot leave, went to MCT and found out I had a 1054 dollar deposit dropped in. Again, for bah w/o dependents. Is this usual for leave? This is only my second time being on leave. 22 days. Is it because the govt assumes since you're not in govt quarters that you'll be spending money to live somewhere? I didn't think Uncle Sam was that nice...

Could be Comrats pay. You'll get it if on RA.
    Either way don't touch it until you have talked with your 1stSgt.
    If there was an overpayment the DoD will get their money back one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Could be Comrats pay. You'll get it if on RA.
    Either way don't touch it until you have talked with your 1stSgt.
    If there was an overpayment the DoD will get their money back one way or another.

"they" always get theirs....

I've been gettings 300 for BAS, and 92 of that comes out for the chow hall, but they've always left me with the rest, which I'm cool with. And I stop paying for that damn GI bill next month.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheWeak View Post
    And I stop paying for that damn GI bill next month.

Stand by for a salt dog!!

You get BAH and Comrats when you're on leave, that's why they (should) take your meal card away.

you need to call your command now to get them working on figuring out what's going on... even if it's what you should be getting.

I always received partial BAH and comrats for leave. At the time, I got something like $21 a day.

it's dependant on where you are taking leave alisium... per diem is location specific

You sure its not Uniform allowance?

well... it can be... I'm not saying it's not, but that uniform amount is like 12.50 a day... that's the cost of chow hall food 3 times a day. that's why they take your chow hall card... so they can give you your pro-rated comrats back to you.

I think he's talking about the anniversary allowance. That 300 or so you get once a year.

I always took my leave in Oregon, when I was stationed in SoCal and once in FLA so I speak to location. But, I am almost positive that Marines get some kind of extra money when they get back.

Which is also partially why you can cash out on leave at your EAS instead of taking terminal.

so you think it's his clothing allowance?

you don't get it until your second year in... then it's only half of the 500 odd then your third year is only half then when/if you re enlist your 4th is full ammount.

they assume your uniforms are jacked up your first year (haha yeah I know...) and then only partially so your next two years.

Wow that's changed.

I got my full amount my first year and every year thereafter. But it was only $300 at the time.

Silly Marine Corps changing schit.

My last two paychecks have been $1250 and this one coming up is scheduled for $1316.

Tax free leave, "Leave rations entitlement", Uniform allowance, and 2 year pay raise FOR THE WIN!

They didn't take a meal card away because there wasn't one to take, I haven't received one at my new command yet.

ENTITLEMENTS
    BASIC PAY 1,568.70
    BAH PARTIAL 2.16
    BAS (MONTHLY) 323.87
    BAH W/O DEPNS 317.31
    BAS DISC MEAL RATE 6.94

TOTAL 2,218.98
    DEDUCTIONS
    FITW (FED TAX) 117.14
    SOCIAL SECURITY 91.06
    MEDICARE 21.29
    SITW (STATE TAX NY) 36.60
    SGLI $400,000 26.00
    TSGLI 1.00
    BAS DISC MEAL RATE 92.50
    USN/MC RET HOME .50
    MGIB 100.00
    CHARITY ALLOTMENT 5.00

TOTAL 491.09
    PAYMENTS
    REGULAR PAYMENT 614.35
    REGULAR PAYMENT 1,113.54
    TOTAL 1,727.89
    That's what it reads, anything seem out of order for a Marine on leave?

Thread Information