Wedding Bells... RING, RING, broke...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wedding Bells... RING, RING, broke...

So Ladies and Gents, I have taken the first few steps to Engagement and Marriage!
    I have purchased the ring, and received permission from her mother. (Her father is deceased.)
    I haven't fully planned out my proposal yet but I'm working on it for the 4th, possibly in Washington, DC. She sure does love fireworks!

Anyways, I want to make sure once we get married I have my paperwork squared away and ready to go so I can get her with me as soon as possible.
    I understand I need her birth certificate, social security card, drivers license, and marriage license. Will I just be going up my chain of command to get this stuff handled? Or do I go directly to Admin?
    I'll be in Quantico, VA by the time the marital proceedings are all said and done. Part of the reason I ask is because I'm not sure what the procedure is outside of student status.

I know I need to research this myself and intend to do so but I kind of just wanted to share the great news!

P.S. The RING, RING, broke was in reference to my bank account... lol.

Meghan and Me.

Last edited by srinaldo86; 06-26-09 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Had to add the picture!

I cant answer your question, but I can certainly give you a whole hearted Congratulations, and may you both be Semper Fidelis!

Thanks Sgt! Can't wait to be back with my best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by srinaldo86 View Post
    Thanks Sgt! Can't wait to be back with my best friend.
    I appreciate the thought, but perhaps you should spend the time with your fiance!

Congrats man, buy why are you trying to choke Meghan out?

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Congrats man, buy why are you trying to choke Meghan out?
    I was demonstrating the Defensive Tactics I learned in MP training.

DefTac is continuous, Cpl.

I'm not going to get all serious on you and tell you not to marry in your first four, especially so early in your first four.

However, I will impart this.

Go get some marriage couseling. There should be some offered on base that's especially tailored to the needs of a Marine couple. There is a lot of stressors out their that and, quite frankly, the Marine Corps tends to eviscerate marriages. It helps to have someone sit down and talk with you both about what to expect and how to deal with things.

That said.

Good luck and congratulations! You look a lovely and very happy couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    I'm not going to get all serious on you and tell you not to marry in your first four, especially so early in your first four.

However, I will impart this.

Go get some marriage couseling. There should be some offered on base that's especially tailored to the needs of a Marine couple. There is a lot of stressors out their that and, quite frankly, the Marine Corps tends to eviscerate marriages. It helps to have someone sit down and talk with you both about what to expect and how to deal with things.

That said.

Good luck and congratulations! You look a lovely and very happy couple.

Thank you, Cpl.
    And you are absolutely right! I will talk to Meghan about heading your advice, simply because I do not want anything to go wrong. It would tear me apart quite honestly. However we are most definitely not your average couple, we never fight ... EVER. Over 1 1/2 years now and I can't recall a single fight. We pretty much agree on everything and if we don't we talk about it and somehow come to an understanding. Worst thing that's ever happened actually was I got drunk and passed out on the couch and she was mad I didn't make it to the bed.
    I don't mean to sound like I'm defending our relationship because you were obviously not attacking it, just stating.
    Thanks again Cpl!

Congradulations man

I actually just got married myself back in December.

As for your question, judging by your picture it looks as if she American so you will just have to take your marriage certificate and all of her stuff (photo id, blah) to IPAC. Since she is with you just go at the same time. She has to be there to get her ID card obviously. No paper work is required in your chain of command. They could ***** at you if you don't let them know, but they can't do anything about it. Just do like I did and tell them your personal life is none of their business

As for tricare, I enrolled my wife online. She didn't have to have a physical or anything. I am in okinawa though, so there may be an easier way for you to do it. If not just google their website.

Hope that helps Congrats agian.

As to him getting married in his first term, well. At least he has been dating her for a long period unlike most Marines you will meet. Honestly, while I dated my wife for 4 years prior to getting married, I would still be single if I wasn't in the corps (single as is, not married yet). While the Corps says it wants to help you and make sure your marriage survives, it also makes it ****ing impossible to do the best things in a relationship prior to getting married (living with her). It pretty much forces you to get married earlier than you would have wanted. The Corps brings all the divorces on itself, at least in my opinion.

I was in for six years and I got married after I got to my first duty station and was married for almost eighteen years. The military didn't have anything to do with my divorce. Marriage is what you make of it,it can be good or bad you make the choice.All this to say congratulations and good luck on your marriage and your time in the Corps.

Congrats from a Marine who is going on his 3rd month of marriage! It takes work.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Congrats Marine and all the best to you and your future wife. It takes a lot of work, respect and a lot of love.

Semper Fi brother

Well, in my chain of command, it seems as though getting the pre-marital counseling is a requirement. A Cpl just submitted a marriage package and everything, and it got sent up to the Regiment.

Of course, he is marrying a Japanese national.

But yet, even if the counseling isn't required, do make sure you get it. And congratulations, Marine.

Semper Fidelis.

Thanks Gents!
    Meghan and me have picked a date officially. May 31st 2010 at a Rose Garden near Raleigh, NC.
    We plan on doing a civil service prior to allow us to save some money and live with each other in the mean time. We have to find her a comparable job in the Quantico area however.
    She has a 4 year degree in Land Scape Architecture from an Ivy league so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Until then I intend to find a cheap place to live nearby the base to save some money and have a place for her to stay with me on the weekends. Gosh I hope this all works out and quick!

http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/

review this site, buy the book and read it... all this will help if you CO starts asking questions.

this is a great book, it will help your relationship even if YOU think it's tits... you'll understand when you read this book.

as for her staying with you... make her get a job there, get an apartment and you could help with the bills... (don't split rent as it complicates things... just pay some of the bills).

good luck Marine.

Thread Information