ATTENTION!! Parents of son's wanting Recon!!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by eleventen32 View Post
    I agree with BruceLee. kdavis you are way out of line. You do not make all poolees look bad. You only make yourself look bad. You are an idiot for insulting Marines, especially on a website where they give advice to us poolees.
    Countdown!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, blastoff, and another one goes away.

BTW poolee, we read ALL of your posts. Nuff said!

Wish I was on here sooner to get in the action, guees I didn't need to, thanks Marines. The coward erased his profile, and wont allow any messages. I'm sure he won't make it.

Ease back on this kid Marines. He has a point. Everybody "thinks" they wanna be a "recon Marine". The truth and reality is that it isn't a very glamorous job, believe me.

I find it hard to believe that they guarantee anybody that they'll be a recon Marine. WTF is a UZ contract? One thing I can guarantee you is that even if you do become a "recon" Marine, chances are you won't like it. What you're being "guaranteed" is the 03 MOS which is a grunt (infantry). The high attrition rate of recon candidates dictates that chances are slim that the above average Marine will make it that far.

That's what recon Marines are (well trained/equipped) grunts. IF you make it through bootcamp, IF you make it through MCT, then you might be guaranteed a shot at recon. That by no means "guarantees" that you'll successfully pass the other stringent screening process of being a "recon" Marine.

No one gets any kind of bonus until you successfully complete; (1) bootcamp, (2), MCT, (3) your MOS school. If you think you wanna be "recon", you have a long, hard road ahead of you. Basic Reconnaisance School (BRC) is a mother even if you do make it through the priors listed above. You will not receive a "bonus" until you complete all of the long hard training mentioned.

Bottom line is: if you're joining the Marine Corps to be Ricky recon, and more importantly if you're joining for a bonus, you are joining for all the wrong reasons.

My advice to you all is as follows:

Motodad, don't try to post "information" on here that you have no clue about. Disinformation is a very bad, contagious thing. Young men contemplating joining the Marine Corps are already enough disillusioned.

Commdog, don't threaten people about their success/failure in the Marine Corps, you basically don't know squat.

And, most importantly:

Kdavis, you certainly need to learn some respect for those who have gone before you, regardless the rank. You really don't know Jack squat and it would behoove you to CAPITALIZE God's name. Even more important that capitalizing the word "Marine".

Semper Fi,
    Gunnery Sergeant Dan Canipe

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    Wish I was on here sooner to get in the action, guees I didn't need to, thanks Marines. The coward erased his profile, and wont allow any messages. I'm sure he won't make it.
    I believe it wasn't him who erased his profile.....

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    I believe it wasn't him who erased his profile.....
    Lol, well the good news is she is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    Lol, well the good news is she is gone.
    Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but it was a he.

I stand by my statement

USMCDANNO- So you don't think I'm such a horrible person (as well as the other Marines here), you should see what kdavis posted in the thread 'quick question'. Each and every post by him has been criticizing Marines and he has p!ssed a lot of us off. Someone needs to take him out to the treeline.

He lied about his information, turns out he isn't a poolee. I don't know who he is, but he isn't who he says he is. One thing's for sure, he's here to cause trouble.

Commdog...didn't know if you knew that that thread has since been removed, which is a good thing.

That's news to me. That thread was evil, I'm happy it's gone as well as that turd who started it.

Thread Information