my recruiter says my tat is in the way. -pics inside-
Create Post

my recruiter says my tat is in the way. -pics inside-

This is my second thread regarding my chest tattoo. Ive searched for the old thread and I cant find it. So anyway, my recruiter says this tattoo needs to be removed because of its positioning. There is nothing wrong with it otherwise. it doesnt show unless I have a basketball jersey on, or no shirt.
    It wouldnt show in my PT uniform, and wouldnt show under a t-shirt in any of service uniforms. I have no arm tattoos, just a few on the legs and this on my chest. Im just looking for some moto, Im working real hard at obtaining 15 credits to add to my GED. Im attendin community college right now, and Ill be done august 18th. hopefully then I can DEP in. I know that the fiscal year starts at the end of september, beginning of october. So I was thinking I might be able to get it waivered. Im pretty clueless to this and I just need something to look forward to. Becoming a Marine is the only thing thats keeping me going at this point.

here are the pics:

Yes I know these are awkward pictures. Theyre pretty old.
    You can make fun if you want.

Thank You to anybody that has a legible answer.

easiest way to get rid of it is to have a plastic surgeon to cut the offending tattoo out and yes I can see how it could be above the shirt line.

if it does show in boot camp you get discharged... is that what you really want? it really is up to the series commander whether or not to let it slide... and they're ruthless about tattoos.

just so you know, you'll be in boxers so the CO and your SDI can inspect your tattoos.

and I'd hope that all my typed writing is legible to you....

Yes Staff Sergeant it is legible sir. I dont mind the thing about the boxers either. One question though: So if it shows in bootcamp --which mine doesnt-- Ill be discharged? Ive seen tons of recruits have tattoos on their arms that show in the pt uniform and theyre fine. I would get it removed, but I dont have 1200$ to spend on a laser treatment. Is there anyway I can get a waiver for it sir?

well... like I said, you can have it cut out... your skin will strech back to normal.. talk to the doctor.

and then, what I mean to say is... if your tattoos are not up to snuff or really is on your neck by THEIR standards but your recruiter and meps let them go then yes, you'll get discharged and have to go through the whole process again... I've heard of it, but never seen or witnessed it.

just go check out all the options... and I think the only one being a problem is the part in the center just at your neck there... I think that'd show in uniform.

Ok, thank you for helping me out. Im going to check into the process of having it cut out.

Don't have your damn skin cut!!! Get laser tattoo removal. I had to do the same thing to enlist. I had a tattoo on my neck, it's completely gone now, and my neck isn't a mangled piece of Freddy Kruger flesh, like your chest will be if you have that dermabrasion crap done. Shop around for the right doctor. Many of them will offer you a military discount if you tell them the reason you're having it removed. 1200 dollars isn't too steep a price to keep your body looking like it's still alive.

And since you all don't like to listen, I'll say it again, DON'T DO THE DERMABRASION ("skin cutting") CRAP!!! You will regret it, I promise!

well... they don't have a problem with the whole thing (my understanding) it's just that center piece at the top....................

anyways... I think a simple loan to get it done (tattoo removal) would be do-able.

You could be onto something. Im gonna do some more checking...

Thread Information