Corporal And Sergeant Cutting Scores - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amen BR34

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    So how would cutting scores work if you are on Active-Reserve? Is it the same as reservists, or active duty.

different scores...

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    Thanks SSgt, clears it up for me, and damn, 1713, I guess I'm not picking up Cpl for a while. Hopefully that drops by a lot after October.

you should get some guys to join... you'll get your credit for them, AR don't promote fast.... there are limited billets and SNCOs like to sit on those higher ones until retirement.... which holds up all the other promotions.

But then again SSgt, I just read again and that score was for 2005, I looked at the 2009 one, and it only had 3529 and 3537 for Cpl, which really makes no sense to me.

Also, I took 2 tours of RA, never got a single person to join, lol. Recruiting isn't one of my specialties.

that IS strange about the 3529-37 field... you should talk to your SNCOIC or training NCO...

Alright, will do SSgt, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mxmarine View Post
    I understood who it was directed towards but to throw out the proper greeting is for only those you work with is crazy. In I always correct Marines who walk by those of a higher grade without initiating the proper greeting, but yet i will correct a person of higer grade who does not give one back no matter what rank cause first it is disrespectful, and second if more and more senior Marines keep walking by without saying anything back that Marine is gonna stop saying anything, and thats why Marines walk pass you without saying a word.

new guy here to the site, signed up for this subject actually.

Yes this is a vicious cycle. But most SNCO's I've come across, if you say something they're not going to ignore you. But like the Corps says "The 10%", right?

I always take the advice from my SDI on this one, always open your mouth to a senior ranking person. But it is possible they didnt "hear" you, so you may need to repeat yourself a little louder (if it really offends you). Personally, I open my mouth all the time to senior people. I do it so much it annoys the hell out of them

it keeps them from asking you to do stuff on occasion I would wager.

Honestly SSgt, i dont know if it does or doesnt. I just know that one time I don't say something, someone is going to be in a bad mood and go crazy on me lol. But still, I was brought up in the corps to say something and it's stuck. Nothing wrong with that

nope... I'd respect that... so long as it isn't belligerent... if it were I'm not eloquent with words so I'd just get really ****ed off until I can think of something to say well enough for you to understand.

then you'd see where I'm coming from and you'd feel all bad 'cause I meant well... then you'll look at the world in a different way... and I'd have molded your thoughts to me will....

Nope, never beligerent when I say good morning or whatever. Of course my Marines hate that cause I hold them to the same standard. I mean, I do it, so it's not asking them to do anything I wouldnt.

jeez i cant wait till u get promoted to freakin cpl and one of ur marines talk the way ur talking. how bout suck it up..get ur **** together get on a board and win. just cause ur a grunt dont mean ur fukkin bad ass...freak..mang let ANY junior marine talk to me the way ur talkin..ill put my rank on the line jus to shut your mouth..

Way to dig up an old thread on your first post.

to tell u the truth i join jus to say that. i get bothered by JELIOUS marines who hate on thier own kind just cause there mos is full to the exsent that their cutting scored close out. i jus had to say my peice me and my scno's where readin this and got really bothered by this thats all

Thread Information