Corporal And Sergeant Cutting Scores - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Some Corporals are just retarded and think that rank makes them better than others. Corporal for me means more money and I can buy more beer from the PX.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    My junior Marines call me matt, and I answer the phone in our shop "Hello?" It ****es people offf to no one lololol

I don't understand this phone answering thing... I just say my name....

you're supposed to say "(Shop you work in), (your rank), (your last name), how may I help you sir or maam?"

which order is that???

if you are calling a number I'll assume you're not a moron and called ME not some other shop... so I'll say my name... SSgt Petzold....

I don't see the problem... I have no problem telling them that they called the MT Maint Chief if they ask.

You're a SSgt, so they're probably calling for you. When you have a bunch of different people answering the phones, it helps to know that you're calling the right place and people. I'm sure it's not in any order, just passed down from seniors, so that's what we do.

Thanks for the information but I meant names...not cutting scores. For some reason, I thought I'd seen it listed somewhere listing who was promoted at any given time. My son just found out that he was promoted to Sgt on July 1st but he's been out since March of this year so being a mushy mom, I wanted to have something to put in his scrapbook.

Just contact his last command and get his promotion warrant framed. I remember seeing a list like that as well, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

Can I do something like that?? I mean...is that ok, for a mother to request that?

Thought this was funny

[quote=SSgt Petzold;528286]listen, before this gets retarded... the only time you give an NCO a proper greeting is if you work with them, then you have your officers... they all get it.

SSgt last time i checked we had customs and courtesies in the Marine Corps. And you give the proper greeting of the day to that of a higher rank. But guess you are probably one of those who I give the proper greeting and you keep walking.

um... no.

I was refering to initiating the proper greeting.. and that IS what "giving the proper greeting of the day.." implies.

you know how many junior Marines walk by me even though I'm looking them in the eyes waiting for a proper greeting? I guess you should be policing your peers and subordinates more before you start looking up. I do not HAVE to initiate a greeting to you... that is YOUR responsibility.

now I'd like you to go back and re-read WHY I made that comment and who it was directed towards... then maybe it'll make some sense to you.

The "how may I help you sir or maam" always was a tongue twister for me, so I answered,"VMA-*** Ready Room, CPL**** Speaking!".....Not once did I ever get a phone etiquette ass chewing. As a matter of fact it was quicker for the caller to get to his or her point instead of hearing all the mumbo jumbo tongue twister.

sir or ma'am is not a proper greeting... you should not say that...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    um... no.

I was refering to initiating the proper greeting.. and that IS what "giving the proper greeting of the day.." implies.

you know how many junior Marines walk by me even though I'm looking them in the eyes waiting for a proper greeting? I guess you should be policing your peers and subordinates more before you start looking up. I do not HAVE to initiate a greeting to you... that is YOUR responsibility.

now I'd like you to go back and re-read WHY I made that comment and who it was directed towards... then maybe it'll make some sense to you.

I understood who it was directed towards but to throw out the proper greeting is for only those you work with is crazy. In I always correct Marines who walk by those of a higher grade without initiating the proper greeting, but yet i will correct a person of higer grade who does not give one back no matter what rank cause first it is disrespectful, and second if more and more senior Marines keep walking by without saying anything back that Marine is gonna stop saying anything, and thats why Marines walk pass you without saying a word.

that's you assuming I'm not responding devil dog... let's not start assuming shall we.

So how would cutting scores work if you are on Active-Reserve? Is it the same as reservists, or active duty.

Thread Information