How Do You Become a "RECON Marine"?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How Do You Become a "RECON Marine"?

I accidentally posted this question in "The Drifter's Place" earlier, I apologize for missing the "Ask A Marine" section.

I would like to attend the U.S. Naval Academy and receive an officer commission in the Marine Corps. I understand that you are assigned a MOS in TBS. What are the requirements to be assigned to a Reconnaissance platoon after TBS? Is there anything I should do to prepare for it?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Zachary,

Be kind to yourself and do a search in the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine Forum and you will find numerous answers to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyZach View Post
    I accidentally posted this question in "The Drifter's Place" earlier, I apologize for missing the "Ask A Marine" section.

I would like to attend the U.S. Naval Academy and receive an officer commission in the Marine Corps. I understand that you are assigned a MOS in TBS. What are the requirements to be assigned to a Reconnaissance platoon after TBS? Is there anything I should do to prepare for it?
    Earn our title first.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes, sir, acknowledged. Thank you both for the guidance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh,,,, Crap,,,,,,,, Put some sights on yer mommas broom handle, and lay out in the yard,,,,,,

When you can sneak up to a Cyote's azz and take a sniff, You are good, Grasshopper.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes, sir, coyotes would be challenging.

all I know is that you need to finish school, be good enough to make it through OCS then smart enough to get through TBS and then maybe you can be an 0302 and get assigned a recon plt... I don't know your odds are... but you should talk to an officer recruiter... your local recruiter can refer you to him... so long as you are in/finished with college.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you sir, I was not exactly sure whether or not I should talk to a recruiter because I always thought they only handled enlisted men. Since there is such thing as an officer recruiter I will talk to him.

Thread Information