Pickel Meadows Alum - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    GOATS.. no goats up there.. they were sheep..!!!
    Pickle Meadows, where the women are scarce and the sheep run scared! Gunny liked it so much he served there twice if I recal correctly. Had one up there that could "bah" his name. The only way I could tel his apart from mine were the ribbins around the neck. Mine had a scarlet ribbin, his had a gold one.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    GOATS.. no goats up there.. they were sheep..!!!
    I was being nice Gunny Campbell cooked most of them dont know how many times I towed hoffman up that hill but i remember he got ****y when we flagged down some pizza scraps from that navy chopper on survival

Quote Originally Posted by John Foster View Post
    I was being nice Gunny Campbell cooked most of them dont know how many times I towed hoffman up that hill but i remember he got ****y when we flagged down some pizza scraps from that navy chopper on survival
    Darn stories! Oh well, all is well that ends well. What ever happened to Gunny Canmbell?

Pickel Meadows Memories

Hey Mountain Man,

I guess you know about our group on Facebook, I don't remember if we have any former instructors.

They are probably too busy doing mean things to the neighborhood cats. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ET Hoffman View Post
    Darn stories! Oh well, all is well that ends well. What ever happened to Gunny Canmbell?
    They sent him to okinowa I think and put Gysgt Palmeroy in his place... he was a good egg

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Big John... Hey since you are up on everyone else do you know anything about Dean & Mary Jane David? The couple that ran the Lodge. I stayed in touch with them unitl about 87.
    That's a good question, what ever happened to Levitts Lodge.. Dean and MaryJane..??

I've attempted to Google a few times and come up with Zero...!!!

Good to hear from you again Hoffman, I'll get back to you as soon as possible...

What is the group listed under?

Facebook Pickel Meadows Group

The name of the Facebook group is "Pickle Meadows Memories"

I know I misspelled Pickel, but what do you expect from an old jarhead?

Let me know if you cannot find it. My facebook name is Dan Galt.

You can send me an email at dangalt@aol.com.

Thanks.

What is the group listed under?

Thanks much!

Ken,

Thanks for the help. I am not the most techno inclined sometimes.

Hey Dan, thanks for keeping these postings going. I WAS on Facebook but got in trouble with my wife of 26 years when she saw messages from my girlfriend of 27 years - freakin' technology will kill you. So I don't do Facebook (or the girlfriend) anymore.
    Just went back to Bridgeport in June - was going to stop by the base but they had guards with weapons locked and loaded and lookin' kind of nervous at every gate - don't know WHAT was up with that! The base has changed, but the town and the mountains are the same.
    Hey Foxtrot Oscar - what was your job at PM and where are you now in WA state? If you're going to be in the Olympia area we should do a beer or three and shoot bulls.
    As an instructor we were kind of isolated and didn't get to know many of the rest of the guys on base- except at the club. but one thing I did want to clear up - Hetzman was NOT an instructor. He was a douche bag and honestly, so was Easter, but he didn't deserve to get shot like that.
    Colonel Guy was my XO at Pendleton before I TAD'd up to Pickel Meadows; when I heard he was coming I warned everybody - but they still had no idea what was coming. I loved that guy - almost married his daughter Tammy actually.
    Anyway. Long time ago, but great memories.
    JW

JW and the rest,
    I just stumbled upon this site while searching MWTC. Sure is great to see some familiar names and hear some recollections.
    I was assigned to the Instructor Branch toward the end of the summer packagge in 1978. I was the replacement for Bob KenDoll Davidson. It was too late in the season to get CT'd so I didn't earn my summer Red Hat until the spring of 1979. I was up there two winters 78-79 and 79-80, as well as most of the summer of 1979.
    I remember you movie projector operators helping me out every time I taught the cold weather clothing class. You would play a Korean era Army film for my intro showing a guy getting his frostbit toes peeled off. Great stuff.
    JW are you still playing the guitar? I reember walking into hooch 1 and you and Muzzy were playing The Ballad of Jed Clampett.
    I'll try and find some old pictures and check out the facebook page.
    Ameriken, I'm just down the road in Parker. We'll have to figure out a way to link up sometime.
    MWTC was a great place to be stationed. Ron Angle

Hey Ron - long time... I remember that frostbite video too; it really got their attention! Muzzy and I were great pals, but like with a lot of us, we haven't kept in touch. I did keep playing the guitar and got pretty good at it after a while, although I play for my own amuzement mostly. My first attempt at singing in public was when Muzzy and I sang "A Six-pack to Go" at the Pinenut Lodge with Dwayne and his wife playing background. It went downhill from there!

The thing I remember about the instructors is how you all would sneak down from the mountain and knock on the back door of the club kitchen to order a to go meal when you were supposed to be eating off the land up in the hills.

I worked short order at the club and delivered the food out the back door without anyone being the wiser.

Thumbs up

Pickle Meadows, where the women are scarce and the sheep run scared! Gunny liked it so much he served there twice if I recal correctly. Had one up there that could "bah" his name. The only way I could tel his apart from mine were the ribbins around the neck. Mine had a scarlet ribbin, his had a gold one.
    What do you think you ate from 77-81-lmao
    What a bunch of misfits we were!!! Everyone TAD,ya over 3 years I was!!!!

Thread Information