Dress Blue Deltas Complete Uni - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    and I do recall reading that shaved is not authorized for Marines who do not have a receding hair line or a bald spot...
    A long time ago one of the senior Marines told us we were not allowed to shave our heads with a razor in case we nicked our scalp it could get infected out in the field, but to use a clipper without the guard was ok. I was just asking for the recent regulations about clipping ones whole head, since regulations seem to change year to year. It could save a motivated Marine 8-10 bucks a week and pay for the clippers it self in one shot. That is a potential savings of $520.00 Bucks a year!

yup... you can buy a professional pair if you figure the savings... then still write it off on your taxes each year... then charge to do hair cuts out in the field and some un-authorized locations.... (barracks)

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    have you read the new regs? it stops the hoarse shoe and bald heads when not balding.

(as I said before if not here, who's really gonna stop you?)

those are some old photos.....

The new regs DO specifically forbid horseshoes, but it also specifically states that you ARE permitted to shave your head if you desire.

MARADMIN 504/07 (The message cites to Reference B which is MCO 1020.34G w/CH 1-4 Marine Corps Uniform Regulations. This MARADMIN is Change 5 and states in section 7.b.3

"(3) No male Marine will be required to have his hair clipped to the
    scalp except while he is undergoing recruit training or when such action is
    prescribed by a medical officer. This does not prohibit a male Marine from
    having his hair clipped to the scalp if he so desires.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by psyclopsus View Post
    The new regs DO specifically forbid horseshoes, but it also specifically states that you ARE permitted to shave your head if you desire.

MARADMIN 504/07 (The message cites to Reference B which is MCO 1020.34G w/CH 1-4 Marine Corps Uniform Regulations. This MARADMIN is Change 5 and states in section 7.b.3

"(3) No male Marine will be required to have his hair clipped to the
    scalp except while he is undergoing recruit training or when such action is
    prescribed by a medical officer. This does not prohibit a male Marine from
    having his hair clipped to the scalp if he so desires.
    "

negative... clipped to the scalp is the verbage... not shaven...

so if you use clippers that get damn close then you have no problem...

besides... do you really want to shave your head EVERY other day?

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    you have to be balding to be allowed to do that... otherwise it's eccentric
    actually ssgt, you are allowed to shave your head completly, and you do not have to be balding to shave your head without guards on the clippers. although most SNCO's want you to go with the razor if your going to go without the guard on your clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    actually ssgt, you are allowed to shave your head completly, and you do not have to be balding to shave your head without guards on the clippers. although most SNCO's want you to go with the razor if your going to go without the guard on your clippers.
    DID you or DID you NOT read the excerpt from the order that states you can buzz your head. Using clippers to goto the scalp is ok, it won't cause ingrown hairs like shaving which is a health issue, nor will you get open cuts to the scalp which is prone to bleeding.

I doubt you've even read the order Cpl. You should take another look at it. Remember, it's not up for interpretation just because your SNCOs don't enforce it.

Good on you if that's the case, but I'd tell you where to put your made up barracks lawyer crap.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    i stand corrected Ssgt. i had not made it to the back page. i was only going through what my Gunny had spoken to me about.

hey Cpl, When in doubt read the order. Hell even if you were told, unless they quoted the order, read the order. You can tell a SNCO/Officer to tackfully shove it if you can quote the order. If you don't want to spend that kind of case on razor blades but whan a shaven head then you can tell them to pound sand. You've got the order and you're following it by using clippers. Since the reason to not use a razor is "understood" to be for health and welfare of the troops then they can't make you use a razor, I mean, where does it say you need to use a razor when you get a normal hair cut?

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    good to go Ssgt. i appreciate the info.

wow, I must have been busy while writing that post, I caught two misspelled words in the first two sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by ecom View Post
    Marksmanship badge is at wearers discretion unless otherwise directed by unit commander. This goes for all Service and Dress uniforms. Dress A being the exception of course.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't that go for ribbons as well?

Negative. You will have ribbons on everything. The only time you won't have them on is if you're wearing Alphas and happen to have the jacket off. You are not required to switch the ribbons.

Thread Information