I was thinking about joining the Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

I was thinking about joining the Marines

Here is my story...
    My mom took a lot of drugs when she was pregnant with me and so I have a few birth defects. I was born with no knees and walk like frankenstein. I have six fingers on one hand and four fingers on the other. I have a nervous twitch possibly caused by the bi-polar drugs and athsma inhaler I use. I'm 5 feet tall and weigh 400 lbs. I can do one sit up and half a pull up. I'm working on getting more fit. Do you think the Marines will take me?

Congratulations on the new baby girl PIB.
    Happy Birthday Redman
    Kim eat your oatmeal... getting old sucks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dang 5 minute rule got me.

I forgot to add I have a swastica tatoo'd on my back and I robbed a bank. Do you think that will hurt my chances of joining the Marines?

Hahaha you should DEFINITELY be good. I've never heard of a better candidate. Deployments would probably be a lot nicer for you...depending on which hand has the 6 fingers If you don't like the job you have when you get to the fleet...don't worry about it. All you have to do is blame your recruiter and he'll go ahead and change it to something of your liking. Deployments are a choice, and you can choose a vacation style deployment or or a cruise. Once in a while though you might get screwed into a combat tour. Don't worry about it though because it's very rare and you don't really do anything on them anyways. Just don't forget to pack your ridilin and zoloft. They don't like it when you're off your meds.

You just made my day. And I'm curious to know what induced this post.

Robbed a bank??? You might try MP. That way you'll be in a position to uhhh...know what to look for if somebody ELSE tried to rob a bank.

Tattoo may need to be moved to the forehead though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Covey you are a smart smart lad. If could walk back through life I would want to do it in your shoes.

Ever notice lately the number of posts about hey I just lost 900 lbs and just make it under the wire to go to MEP's. I was just joking around but you know what I mean.

Well thank you for saying that I'm smart. Feel free to live vicariously through me all that you want. Just let me know what I need to do haha.

I know exactly what you're talking about. So here's my little point of view on the subject.
    It's no longer expected that a child grows up with discipline already instilled in them...everything from the choices they make to the way that they carry themselves. Then when they finally do achieve some level of discipline, no matter how miniscule it is...they have a sudden sense of pride in themselves. Sure it's great for them...but it's complete BS for all of us looking back and thinking that they should've never been in that position to begin with. You know what I mean? I'm not trying to say that I grew up in a different era at all...They are part of my generation and it honestly disgusts me. I do my best to fix it though...when they get to me when they finally do get to the fleet...I take care of it

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Congratulations on the new baby girl PIB.

SF and thanks....don't worry...they'll make a Marine out of you..

That's a toughie, you can waiver just about everything, but like Covey said you'd need that tat to be visible while wearing any uniform.

Ask your recruiter if he can bring a MOPP suit to your house so you can try it on; I'll warn you though, it may be hot in there but you need to make sure your tat is visible while wearing. You're very busy posting on here without a profile and asking us questions in a disrespectful tone; that's why he should be nice enough to bring it to you and leave it there no questions asked.

He's got nothing better to do anyway.

One question though: do your eyes face the same direction?

I thought that you had sent me a PM saying that you had stage fright, a cleft palate and wore a big shoe on one foot.

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry Bulkyker, you have a profile.

Now go back to your basement.

OR, get a broomstick!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You guys are soooo mean! I would NEVER be so mean about wannabe/poolee questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Do you think the Marines will take me?
    Sure Bul, the Marines have a new 03-- MOS for wannabees allowing them to work closely with grunt units, I think it's called 'Moving Target'

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    Sure Bul, the Marines have a new 03-- MOS for wannabees allowing them to work closely with grunt units, I think it's called 'Moving Target'
    How about target puller on the flame thrower KD range?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    How about target puller on the flame thrower KD range?
    BBQ anyone?

I am all in for the BBQ.......roast recruit sounds great.

Thread Information