Do you have to roll sleeves? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    chesty says that real Marines have 2 NJPs... so you see where I'm going with this don't you???

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Yup. Guess that spotless record of mine shows how much of a turd I am huh?
    There are numerous things that show how much a person is a turd.

fear of water for starters......

ok, I'm off to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    fear of water for starters......

ok, I'm off to bed now.
    I don't know how he managed to stay in but our company Gunny was terrified of the water.

We went to a swim qual with him and right from the get go, when we had to let go of the sides and tread water, he pannicked. "Hep me! Hep me!" He didn't even last 5 seconds.

was he very muscular? I have a few gunnies who just sank to the bottom 'cause they were nothing but muscle... muscle is 70% water... they told him to jump in (CWO3) so he jumped in the deep end and went right to the bottom... he did tell the guy to grap the pole before he did... just like a rock... sank straight to the bottom.

it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjubb1989 View Post
    ...Is there a MCO stating the sleeve regulations? ...
    WEAR OF THE MARINE CORPS COMBAT UTILITY UNIFORM

Date Signed: 7/25/2007
    ALMAR Active Number: 035/07

If you see someone wearing sleeves down in a sleeves up season, they are probably on a training exercise (like Desert Talon ops in Yuma). If they just came back from the rifle range they should be rolling their sleeves before going to the chow hall of PX. Nothing to do with the flightline. The discretion given to commanders for amending the guidelines of this ALMAR is not liberal; usually it is for parades or ceremonies.
    I once saw SNCOs eating breakfast at the Holiday Inn in their cammies. I asked them why, and their reasoning was that it was like a deployment, and the Holiday Inn was where they were staying, and so it was ok. I don't agree. I doubt they had ever been questioned on it before.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wifes birthday went over pretty good. For some reason her favorite meal is stuffed cabbage made the experimental bulkyker way.

Get some spicey itlalian sausage and skin it about 2 or 3 lbs and brown into a hash with a little olive oil.
    About 2 cloves of garlic smashed and chopped into the pan.
    4 or 5 spring onions chopped with the green part too.
    brown it for a second then add a whole bunch of mushrooms. The pre sliced are cool but whatever you like.
    Cook that until the mushrooms are soft.
    Add add about 4 cans of spicey italian chopped tomatoes or lack of that add some canned chopped tomatoes and add oregano, parsley and basil and let it cook for a bit.

While that is cooking take that great big head of cabbage and cut a triangle in the top about the size of your longest finger. Use a spoon, paring knife, chainsaw whatever to hollow it out to where it is about two inches thick all around.

Put as much of the stuff you cooked back into the cabbage, then put the triangle you cut out on for a lid and any big leaves. Wrap it in cheese cloth and tie in a tight knot over the triangle you cut out. I use a chope stick but whatever through the knot and put in a pot of boiling water. It need to boil for about an hour but maybe longer if you got lazy on the hollowing part.

While that is cooking put all the leftover cabbage from the hollowing process back into the pan with the filling that wouldn't fit.
    Add about a cup of milk and 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup. Cook it on slow. We have access to real bacon bits, in a jar, designed for putting on salads and a bit of that is a nice touch.

After an hour or maybe longer the cabbage will we cooked through. Cut it like a big grapefruit and each slice you put on a plate and cover it with the sauce you made.

Always end up with more sauce than cabbage.
    Phew glad her birthday is only once a year.
    We've been together 15 years and I still haven't sold her on a bunch of guys tipping beers and burning the hell out of chicken legs for a party.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

NoRemorse that is a rock and a hard place and my thoughts are with you. It will all work out. I tried to scare up some genuine cuban cigars. Maybe if she just needs a little loving so scare that kid out.

A little bird told me Redman is gonna be 23 again coming soon. We need to scout out the day.

Doc this forum wouldn't be the same without your contributions even though you are a crazy numbnut.

Dolly Parton has a house almost as big on Maui as the one in Tennessee and they offer tours there too.

I know I've forgotten to poke stick at few angry bears on here but I think of you all... all the time.

Have a super day Marines.

Unless there is something new, you dont have to have your sleeves down to go on the flight line. You are most likely seeing guys who are comming back from the Range, or gas chamber. I know that when I was with the wing, that is the only time we put out sleeves down when it was summer.

either way, why is this kid thinking he has a choice? just another punk trying to get us riled up for his own enjoyment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Somebody pass the prozac. I was completely off target posting a bunch of junk on a sleeve rolling thread. I thought I was posting on the zephyr. Don't run with scissors.

I got blasted by a SSgt on my ten days boot leave, not that I was in the wrong, but I kinda made him look like an idiot in front of the other NCO's in the office at the time. I had seen him wearing his cammies through the mall and when I got back from boot leave they told us that under no cercumstances could any marine wear cammies in public.

well no sh!t PFC...

and recruiters are authorized for special events and circumstances by their CO to wear cammies.

if you don't know the whole situation you shouldn't be correcting someone...

besides that PFC, it's not your place in life to be correcting a SNCO just out of boot camp... a word of advice, all the leadership you will encounter you will have both good and bad. the good still have bad qualities about them just as the bad have their good. Of each type of leader, take the good traits and leave the bad... there is no need to correct your leaders as I can guarantee you that you're not the only one witnessing their heinousness.

Semper Fi killer, stay motivated.

Yeah... leave it to someone who doesn't have any common sense to correct a SNCO and get blasted for it. Motivated yes, stupid, deffenitally. Got blasted all cycle for it too. The SNCO did get in trouble with the gunny at meps though cuz he got reported by one of the NCO's in the office.

Thanks for the advice. Still new to this... takes a lot to get used to. I'm looking forward to seeing what knowledge I can pick up through this career though, and what kind of traits I'll pick up from the good leaders I'll encounter.

it's best to keep you mouth shut for as long as you can... learn who the jerk-wads are and stay clear of them... get grouped in with them and there's no turning back...

find out who's friends with who before you talk sh!t about someone, then you should have a smooth transition into the fleet. Oh and remember, after MOS school... you still don't know sh!t and shouldn't talk as though you do.

stay active in the forums and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    either way, why is this kid thinking he has a choice? just another punk trying to get us riled up for his own enjoyment.
    Grumpy? Suspicious? He was just asking if there is an order.

Pretty funny that punks would be asking questions on here to "rile up" other posters. Have not noticed it yet, but I'll be on the lookout!

"I got blasted by a SSgt on my ten days boot leave, not that I was in the wrong, but I kinda made him look like an idiot in front of the other NCO's in the office at the time. I had seen him wearing his cammies through the mall and when I got back from boot leave they told us that under no cercumstances could any marine wear cammies in public." PFC1023CoB

Sounds like the better plan of action would have been to discretely ask one of the NCOs present in the office. Tact: not used much on these forums, unfortunately, but still one of the good old Marine Corps leaderships traits

Thread Information