New Navy Uniforms - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Come on, Corporal!

Some of those female boots look like they're modeling the uniform!

SSgt the pics you posted were of the proto-types before they made a final decision on the style of the uniforms. The final version for the working uniform is the khaki shirt without the chevrons on the sleeve and we use collar devices instead. The final version of the camis looks just like the Marine version except blue, which doesn't make sense to me either since it isn't tactical at all and from what I understand we won't be wearing them on ships and will still wear our coveralls.

I was commenting on a Sailor wearing an Army uniform because they are filling an Army billet as an Individual Augmentee, it's basically TAD orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapablast05 View Post
    Come on, Corporal!

Some of those female boots look like they're modeling the uniform!
    Pics for Proof please, without pics, its hearsay.

what the hell are they trying to do-they need a guide book for Marines showing a junk on the bunk--then they can print a similar picture showing mix-n-match uniform,chevrons,covers,patches,medals,etc---they have more uniforms than the Mens Warehouse has suits---whites & dungarees

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Pics for Proof please, without pics, its hearsay.

I'll try to snap one haha.

ese4mc, they roll their sleeves and it's friggen heinous. They look like Air Force sleeves.. They wear their 8 points til the cover popcorns.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My youngest daughter's sweetie is a swabbie. He thinks the new uniforms suck purple cool aid and I have to agree with him.

He is also not happy with the thought of eventually having to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    My youngest daughter's sweetie is a swabbie. He thinks the new uniforms suck purple cool aid and I have to agree with him.

Those janitor ones do suck. I can't tell apart the chow hall workers to the sailors here on NAS.

Although Blue camis may not make much sense tactically, it is only a work uniform meant to be worn on base or even on a ship (still not sure if they'll be worn on the ships) it's got to be more comfortable and easier to maintain then our current Utilities and looks exponentionally more like a proper military uniform.

if it's meant for work then what is the dungarees for?

Navy

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    My youngest daughter's sweetie is a swabbies. He thinks the new uniforms suck purple cool aid and I have to agree with him.

Zulu 36===========-------=======-]][ I take it that you think this young swabbies is a OK kid. I know that the Navy has really made my son Kyle into a mighty good young man. His wife has had a lot to do with it as well and so did his religion. I believe that a service man or woman who live his or hers religion has a easer time in life. I know that if I had been that way I would have a lot further. When I was on my tiger cruse with him and I saw the way his shipmates done there job I knew that the Navy was in good hands. The only things I did not like was stawbucks coffee and the ships guard strutting around in there jungle utility's like they were Marines. Oh god what a horrible site that was.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    Zulu 36===========-------=======-]][ I take it that you think this young swabbies is a OK kid. I know that the Navy has really made my son Kyle into a mighty good young man. His wife has had a lot to do with it as well and so did his religion. I believe that a service man or woman who live his or hers religion has a easer time in life. I know that if I had been that way I would have a lot further. When I was on my tiger cruse with him and I saw the way his shipmates done there job I knew that the Navy was in good hands. The only things I did not like was stawbucks coffee and the ships guard strutting around in there jungle utility's like they were Marines. Oh god what a horrible site that was.
    He's a good kid, an Eagle Scout too. He's a computer wonk stationed in Washington DC at some place he would have to kill us if he told us about it. He billets at Andrews AFB and hates the chow hall (according to my oldest daughter he has very good reason to hate it).

I'm know I'm speaking to the choir, but a stint in any branch of the military is good for a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    if it's meant for work then what is the dungarees for?
    The dungarees are being replaced by the blue camis SSgt. The reason the higher-ups decided to do this was to lighten the load, so to speak, of our seabags, with the various uniforms we used to wear (Service Whites, Service Blues, Dress Whites, Dress Blues, Utilities, Coveralls, etc.) With the new service uniform (the one with the khaki shirt and "blue" trousers) we will no longer wear the service whites or service blues. The service whites and dress whites were/are the biggest pain in the ass to keep clean and stain free, especially for those who still wear leather dress shoes and like to polish them becaue the polish rubs off on the cuff of the pant legs.

Now they can pose to the general public! DOC, better get yours today...LOL
    http://www.*************/news/articl...=1186032325324

Navy Uniform Authorized Off Base

[IMG]http://images.*************/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=image%2Fjpeg&blobhead ervalue2=inline%3Bfilename%3DOffBase_062609.jpg&bl obkey=id&blobnocache=false&blobtable=MungoBlobs&bl obwhere=1209981130345&ssbinary=true[/IMG]
    June 26, 2009
    Navy News|by SCMC Bill Houlihan

The Navy Working Uniform (NWU) is now authorized for wear off-base, during routine stops and at eating establishments during the prescribed workday.
    In NAVADMIN 188/09, Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), Adm. Gary Roughead, expanded the occasion for wear policy, which has been in place for six months.
    Roughead consistently stated that the possibility for changing the policy hinged upon a timetable driven by the Navy's chiefs' mess.
    Once the leadership mess provided feedback to Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) (SS/SW) Rick West, indicating that Sailors across the Navy understood the correct manner to wear the uniform, it was understood that he would recommend to CNO and Chief of Naval Personnel (CNP), Vice Adm. Mark Ferguson, when the time was right to allow the uniform off base.
    According to West, that time is now.
    "Communication from the Force and Fleet Master Chiefs has been unanimously positive. Our Sailors are ready to introduce this uniform to the American public," said West. "That's what CNO was waiting for and this decision is a direct result of chief petty officer (CPO) feedback. It's been sincerely gratifying to be able to watch this process work as well as it has."
    The policy differs from the language in NAVADMIN 343/08 in that, up to now, routine stops were not allowed. That meant Sailors were prohibited from visits to child care centers, gas stations, brief stops at convenience stores or banks. Now those stops are authorized.
    "Our Sailors are proud of this uniform," said MCPON. "This has been the number one feedback item from the fleet since I took office, (Dec. 12, 2008) and they have not been shy about their wishes to wear this uniform in town. Our Sailors have been trained to wear it and will wear it proudly."
    West underscored the importance of waiting for the right time to open up the occasion for wear policy. He said that while many wondered why the original wear policy was put in place, it was important to ensure every Sailor knew how to wear it before allowing it outside the lifelines of ships and bases. He also said he kept a close eye on various regions to see how aggressive leadership was in training the fleet to wear the NWU.
    "I watched Navy Region Mid-Atlantic and I saw how the chiefs in that region were engaged in getting this right from day one. The training was consistent and it was effective. They deserve a lot of credit for the expanded policy, because they did it the right way in the largest fleet concentration area. Leaderships engagement coupled with Sailor feedback was what drove this recommendation (to expand the policy) to CNP and CNO."
    The revision includes aligning the NWU and Camouflage Utility Uniforms (CUUs) occasion for wear policies and offers more flexibility than the rules governing the wear of other working uniforms.
    The transition to the NWU will continue as stipulated in NAVADMIN 343/08. Multiple regions across the United States and overseas are still not wearing the NWU due to distribution constraints, so West pointed out that the manner of wear policy is even more critical now as Sailors transfer to those areas. Leadership (CO/CMC) has been authorized to wear the NWU since December and should already be wearing it in the areas where Sailors will soon be showing up.
    "We have people rolling from one region to another and coming from boot camp, wearing the NWU. I'm looking to them as the Sailors who are going to meet the standards as set forth in the NAVADMIN and the Uniform Regulations, but more importantly, I expect the CPO mess to maintain the standards expected of our high caliber Sailors," said West.
    The NAVADMIN also states that wear of the NWU/CUU will be restricted inside the National Capital Region (NCR). Navy personnel on staffs located in or visiting the NCR will not be able to wear the NWU or CCU as their uniform of the day. Commanders, according to the message, may prescribe the NWU/CUU for those Sailors in the NCR requiring that uniform for work that would soil the uniform of the day.
    "I look forward to seeing the public's reaction to our new uniform," said West. "And I know our Sailors are eager to get out there and show it off."

the black boots would be alright with our woodland marpat. but that is it. the built in boot band is straight lazy

what's with the link?

Thread Information