One small step...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One small step...

I finally swore in today at MEPS after spending 10 hours doing damn near nothing. Its just one small step in the direction of the ultimate goal.

Ship Date - 20100621
    MOS - Open Contract (waiting until the fiscal year)

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sweet bro, welcome to being a poolee! Yeah I had to go to MEPS 3 times!

Quote Originally Posted by deBeer View Post
    Sweet bro, welcome to being a poolee! Yeah I had to go to MEPS 3 times!
    waivers?

Lol yeah, there was a guy there who was suppose to go to Army Basic yesterday, but there computers were down so he couldn't ship and then they couldn't get him a ticket for today. He sat in MEPS from 5-5 for 2 days strait.. Poor poor man...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    waivers?
    Yep, First time was for asvab. Second was for medical and at the end of the day they perm DQ me unless I could get a waiver for high blood pressure. It was like 185/100 which is like what the f--k high. Now I am 5'11 and 205lbs so it shouldn't be that high. They were waiting 15 minutes each time they checked it and it wouldn't go down. I went to a regular doctor and it went down to 130/80 and now its like 120/75 or something. I don't know what happened, my recruiter brought up white coat syndrome but I think it just was cause the Marines Corps is the only thing I want to do in life. If I don't get this I really don't know what I am going to do. So I just got scared of being DQ. Went back the 3rd time with the waiver and got accepted.

Sorry for the paragraph

Not as bad as a guy in my group. He was 103 over 39... Took 5 times before they got it at a someone decent levels..

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Lol how was that guy living?

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Not as bad as a guy in my group. He was 103 over 39... Took 5 times before they got it at a someone decent levels..
    Was he about to faint? Geez.

And are you a high school junior (soon to be senior), MarinesFTW?

I have been to MEPS twice now. Once for ASVAB and then again for medical. Next time I go back will to sign/swear in. Can't wait.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I finally swore in today at MEPS after spending 10 hours doing damn near nothing. Its just one small step in the direction of the ultimate goal.

Ship Date - 20100621
    MOS - Open Contract (waiting until the fiscal year)
    I just noticed that date, damn dude. Are you going to be a senior next year? I joined the delayed entry program back in September and I am leaving in August. I can't wait any longer!

Good job man. Hope to be swearing in within the next two weeks myself.

Sounds like machine error. That's why they need to take it manually.

Lol how was that guy living?
    I've had patients whose BP was 46/20.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah DGradner, they are all automatic. I mean you don't even have to be a doctor to use them or understand them. Its like they gave someone a white coat and was like ok here, turn it on and push this button and if its under 140/70 or whatever they're good. Those are bound for errors.

Yeah DGradner, they are all automatic. I mean you don't even have to be a doctor to use them or understand them. Its like they gave someone a white coat and was like ok here, turn it on and push this button and if its under 140/70 or whatever they're good. Those are bound for errors.
    Never thought much of it until I got involved with medicine but, now that just ticks me off.

I swore in yesterday to. I thought the depth chart was wicked hard but I made it through everything ok. Its just the first step but you feel awesome.

Ship date: 20100628
    MOS: open contract(until next fiscal year)

Thread Information