How / where to buy uniform
Create Post

How / where to buy uniform

I've been out 13+ years.
    I'm a VET, and want to start doing Honor Guard duty.
    The other Marines in the mixed guard, wear Delta's
    I can't find my old uniforms.
    Logging into Marine sites, they seem to require that I be active duty or retired.
    I know regs allow me to wear the uniform, But where do I get one.
    I have my DD-214, and No their are no bases close by.
    HELP........

Have you tried the NEX site, SSgt?

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    Have you tried the NEX site, SSgt?
    I think the NEX site requires an active or retired ID.

Try the Marine Corps League ship store to start. http://www.mcleague.com/shipsstore/

Or the MCA http://www.marineshop.com/index.aspx

Good luck

The NEX site does require an active or retired ID.

The Marine Corps League ship store is NIS on Dress Blue pants, and does not list any Charlie shirts.

The MCA marineshop has No uniforms.

I'd like to do funerals before March 2010, but I might have to wait till then. (Thats when my son should be completing Boot at PI.
    My next call is to my sons recruiter, to see if he can help.

Marine Corps Store WILL take my order by mail, with a copy of my DD-214, and a written request of what and why I need it. Yes they did finally send me a E-Mail, and stated the proper reg's on hair, and appearance while in uniform.
    Going this route will save me about $30.00+ on what I've seen elsewhere.
    You'd think a recruiter or someone else would have stepped up to help a fellow Marine.
    I wasn't asking for a hand-out, just some help in the over-priced secondary market.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Other than a hand out ... how could a recruiter have stepped up and helped you out?

They tend to get to bases and can get to 1/4 sales alot more often then me.
    several recruiters helped out, some retired, some active, during different trips, they were able to save me a bundle. I've been doing funeral services now for over a year. I have over 70 funerals that I have attended.
    YES, I paid for ALL uniform items, I took nothing as a freebe, That wasn't the intention, I was just looking for the prices not to be so high. Since this first post, One of my sons joined the Corps, and I was able to pick up stuff for myself at the PX, At P.I. , I was also able to be in FULL Uniform for his graduation. THAT WAS AN HONOR.

In the future

You can call Camp Lejeune clothing sales at 888-267-3559 or 910-451-2802 and with a credit card and your last 4 of your SSN they will sell you any clothing items at px price same as an active duty Marine.They will also ask for prior enlisted and last rank.Hope this helps everyone in the future.I was quartermaster for my MCL so when someone needed dress blue trousers or other iems i ordered it but any Marine can call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracylaud83 View Post
    I've been out 13+ years.
    Logging into Marine sites, they seem to require that I be active duty or retired.
    HELP........
    http://www.usmcblues.com/
    SSgt,
    This site offers new,almost new, and slightly used uniform items, along with assorted accessories. Semper Fi

Marine Corps Supply Center, Barstow, Ca. Clothing & Cash sales used to have a mail order system, but this was in 64/65. Don't know if they still have it. Used to send lots of uniforms to Reserve units. Write them and see if they still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracylaud83 View Post
    I've been out 13+ years.
    HELP........

Everyone has good ideas but if all fails, and I know this for fact. If you live close to a base and there are laundry cleaners around where service men have dropped of there uniforms you might get a set from there really cheap I have back in my days pick up uniforms for the price of the cleaning bill and man sometimes you can save a ton of money..you may check around your town maybe there are some there also.
    But if not heres another link to try..
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Mar....c0.m270.l1313

Thread Information