What do Supply jobs consist of when deployed?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

What do Supply jobs consist of when deployed?

I'm interested in joining the Marine reserves with the MOS 30xx and want to do something with supply becaue it will benefit me more with my civilian career. I would like to know if I am deployed with this MOS if my job will change or if I will be deployed as something else such as an infantryman? I know that every Marine is a rifleman first and I have no problem being deployed and doing anything that is asked of me. I am just curious to know if I am deployed if I will be deployed for my MOS?

Let me start with there are is no 100% answer to this. It depends on where you are, what unit you are with, what your unit's mission is, and specifically what the xx is in 30xx. You could end up standing guard post for 8 to 12 hours a day. You could end up standing guard for 4 hours a day and doing supply work for 8 hours. You could just end up doing supply work. It's always dependant on the situation and the situation always changes.

One thing is pretty certain, you will not deploy as an infantryman. You may get trained in camp security or convoy security, but you won't be locatin', closin', and destroyin'.

Like ArtyOps said (oorah by the way, I'm with 1/12 in Hawaii), it totally depends on your unit, rank, and even seniority.

In my unit I was flying all over Iraq in helos carrying serialized gear to other batteries and doing alot of "cool", although stupid and redundant ****. No I wasn't landing on rooftops and clearing buildings, but I didn't sit behind a desk either. That wasnt just because I'm in an artillery battalion either, it happened because I was the boot NCO and none of the other corporals wanted to do it. If I was a lance, or the senior corporal I would have been behind a desk. Like I said it depends on alot of things. Hell even if our battalion was all located on the same FOB I wouldnt have done some of the stuff I did.

However, if I was in a unit like a CLB or a large logistics unit, I would most definitely be in some crappy warehouse moving and ordering boxes all day long, driving some beat up truck to DRMO.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccask1 View Post
    I'm interested in joining the Marine reserves with the MOS 30xx and want to do something with supply becaue it will benefit me more with my civilian career. I would like to know if I am deployed with this MOS if my job will change or if I will be deployed as something else such as an infantryman? I know that every Marine is a rifleman first and I have no problem being deployed and doing anything that is asked of me. I am just curious to know if I am deployed if I will be deployed for my MOS?
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=84671

Why the second thread? Wasn't you getting the answers you were wanting on the other one?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post

Why the second thread? Wasn't you getting the answers you were wanting on the other one?

He might not have liked the response I left him in that thread....I guess getting "up close and personal" so ya can smell the bad guy's breath didn't seem all that thrilling to him....just a thought.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post

The first thread sounds like he wanted to see combat, this thread sounds like he wants to avoid combat.

Join the army.

Thread Information