Question regarding the CAR - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    No worries bro. S'all good!

I have to respectfully disagree on this one. Although indirect fire is not pleasant in the least, sitting on a FOB and taking a mortar or rocket every once in a while is nowhere near on the level of real combat.

The only thing us Marines who are unlucky enough to actually live through combat have to show for the living hell we went through is one single ribbon. You guys get hazardous duty pay tho it's debatable how hazardous sitting on a fob really is. Why would you want to cheapen the one thing our government gave us to recognize what we went through?

again no offense to anyone, i don't doubt you would have patrolled right along side us and gave 110%, but that's just how i feel when i hear this talk.

Quote Originally Posted by crasha51pan View Post
    This is just my opinion, but the Marine Corp dropped the ball on this one !
    Weather you are in a artillery unit or a cook or in supply and you spent the night dodging rocket or mortar fire, that's combat by my definition.
    If you lost a body part while stuffed in a Ontos or driving a deuce and a half, that's combat by my definition.
    To suggest that those people do not rate a Combat Action Ribbon is insane ! You get the feeling that the criteria for the ribbon was written by a person who never stepped foot in a war zone.
    I feel that it's time the Marine Corp stepped up and corrected a "big time" injustice here..............IMO !

Semper Fi...

Credits
    Savings
    I don't think he was just sitting on a FOB, brother....

Yea I wasn't talking about him specifically. He brought up cooks, artillery, and supply Marines in his post, that's what I was referring to.

Combat action ribbon

If anyone on here remembers the battle of Hue Marines of all mos's were called up to reinforce the infantry that was in deep s*** and needed reinforcements. This is a prom example that all Marines, cooks truck drivers,office personnel etc. are combat Marines. I wear the CAR but I wonder if those Marines ever received it. As for being rocketed and mortored isn't combat, well that a crock. Also being on a FOB is surely combat never knew a grunt who didn't like arty. IMO

Credits
    Savings
    I never liked having our 155s used against us... SF SSgt I got your point..

Also Benny215 Vietnam was a totally different war then Iraq. Every base was subject to being attacked. There was no front lines.

Thread Information