Problems with Recruitment
Create Post

Problems with Recruitment

My original ship date was in Oct with my MOS being Intel and I signed my contract in March. I talked to my recruiter and requested an earlier shipment date, he told me that the current Staff Sergeant would be able to do that no problem. My recruiter then told me that my shipment date was moved to May 10 under Intel, he got back to me later and told me it was pushed back to the 17 of May. Around that time the current Staff Sergeant was replaced by a new one and my shipment date had not been changed from the original Oct one, and the new Stf. Sgt. informed me that June 1 would be the next date. I went in to the office and saw that my date was changed from Oct to June 15 and my new MOS would be logistics, I had no idea that it had been changed to logistics and wasnt told. It is important for me to get to boot camp so I asked him if open contract would get me out June 1 and I was initially discouraged with open contract but he told me that that should not be a problem and he would make calls. Today I talked to my recruiter and apparently that is not even happening and am on call in case a poolee going for boot camp backs out and I will take his place. I need information and advice on what is going on.

That is just how the system works. You might get the call and ship early, and you may not. This time of year is difficult due to high school graduation. Just make sure you are ready when you go.

Fill out your profile.

Done, and thanks I need to make sure im not getting messed with.

And if I were you I wouldn't ship open contract just to get an earlier date. From what I heard, you're most likely not going to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee son View Post
    Done, and thanks I need to make sure im not getting messed with.
    Recruiter here tells me the only thing open is Cook. Could always choose that if you want in right away.

Thread Information