Blood Pressure At Boot Camp
Create Post

Blood Pressure At Boot Camp

So, I searched and scrounged the internet for this answer and I have found nothing. At MEPS my bp was 138/89 and as you know, that was a close one! My question is: when the first physical exam at Boot Camp comes around, what happens if a recruit is above 140/90? I would expect almost every recruit there to be so stressed out that no one would be in a reasonable non- hypertension area. Any Marines out there know of any recruit being sent home before they had a chance at being the best?

You'll be retested if your BP is above a certain threshold. They'll wait in between readings to make sure they've got you down to resting rate. If necessary they'll hold you in BAS or transfer you to a Naval Hospital for more testing.

This will be followed by a request for any medical records you have in your home state. That is of course if your BP is consistently high or they suspect another issue because of your medical history.

Your last question is way to broad. What issues are you having besides a marginally high BP?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Only persons' BP I worried about at PI was the Drill Instructors'. Don't do anything to make it rise!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Only an anecdote as I have no knowlege of how hypertension is treated in boot. After PT'ing your butt off and looking like a sugar cookie the average recruit could have their blood pressure and pulse taken and it would be the same as the average joe sound asleep.

Work out, stay away from salty foods, don't play X-box, don't sit in that permanate inprint of your fat ass on the couch in front of the Tv. Skip over the cheetos dipped in mayo and lead a healthy life. Anyway that is what my doctor told me

It is true and proven that the hardest chargers have a blood pressure and pulse of a sleeping baby. If you are wadeling down to sub-way for your only daily exercise then change your life style. Period!

I don't even remember my bp being taken at BC. I do remember it at MEPS before shipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    So, I searched and scrounged the internet for this answer and I have found nothing. At MEPS my bp was 138/89 and as you know, that was a close one! My question is: when the first physical exam at Boot Camp comes around, what happens if a recruit is above 140/90? I would expect almost every recruit there to be so stressed out that no one would be in a reasonable non- hypertension area. Any Marines out there know of any recruit being sent home before they had a chance at being the best?
    If that's your blood pressure at rest, what is it going to be when you are active? Hypertension is a big deal and nothing to toy with.

Thread Information