Allowed to where USMC gear before graduation/boot camp? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Don't worry-there will be plenty left for you to eat in two weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Don't worry-there will be plenty left for you to eat in two weeks....
    That goes for Jodi too

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hahaha, I'll pass on the "eating".

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford View Post
    Wouldn't do any of those things no matter what I was wearing! They way I see it is I don't want to have like an hour of "fun" doing some drug or doing something stupid to get in trouble that then ruins my entire life. I want to be a Marine (MP) and eventually a civilian police officer so having a clean record is pretty much a necessity. I've yet to even get a speeding ticket.

P.S. Matt you ignored my PM. Jerkface.
    If you want to be a civilian police officer, don't be an MP. They don't like former MP's. Being an MP is completely different and forms really bad habits in the eyes of civilian law enforcement agencies. Just being a marine will help you out. Being an MP doesn't give you any preference or qualifications. Now if you get MSG Duty.... THAT is something civilian law enforcement agencies LOVE. Especially like the CIA and FBI.

Credits
    Savings
    PFC "StoneTheWeak" & other Marines,

Do you have to be a MP to get MSG Duty? It looks interesting, although could be boring depending on where you are stationed.

The more I talk to Marines, I keep hearing about how MP looks bad to civilian law enforcement PD's, so I've been looking into Intel more and more. I scored well on the ASVAB (AFQT: 93) so I assume I qualify. I'm going to talk to my recruiter on Monday to get more info. For now I'm just spending much of my free time researching the MOS Field.

Credits
    Savings
    Answered my own question:

"Intelligence Marines also have the opportunity to serve in billets such as drill instructor, recruiter, and Marine Security Guard duty."

Source: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/02.htm

All Marines regardless of MOS can serve as Marine Security Guards, Drill Instructors, Recruiters, etc. I am on MSG duty now, but my original MOS is radio operator. Marines of all MOS's are desired by civilian law enforement agencies.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for the clarification, Sergeant. How are you liking MSG Duty? Based upon your location I'm assuming you're at an embassy in Cuba?

Why is every WM I know a radio operator? Really....

Hartford: MSG duty is good to go. You guessed right, I am currently serving in Cuba as an MSG. We have a 'US Interest Section', not an embassy because the Cuban gov does not officially want us here- but it's the same thing.

Achped: Most WM's I know are either Supply or Admin, not too many female radio ops out there. You have some weird luck.

Smile my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford View Post
    What are the poolees or Marines thoughts on this?

Are Poolees "allowed" to wear USMC t-shirts/sweatshirts, sticker on car, lanyard? Or is it looked down upon as you have not yet earned the Title of Marine? Does it really just not matter? I just don't want some old-school vet to chew my butt out one day.

Thanks,
    Hartford
    I Wear my Recruitered issued poolee shirt/american flag bandana/and landyard key chain..to the mall (because I often approach people on the corps-Recruiting-)..as long as you uphold yourself as a Poolee(someone who represents the Corps)..stand straight/talk with respect ext...

I wouldnt advise the car sticker though...That is actually Wearing the EGA..just on your Car

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Hartford: MSG duty is good to go. You guessed right, I am currently serving in Cuba as an MSG. We have a 'US Interest Section', not an embassy because the Cuban gov does not officially want us here- but it's the same thing.

Achped: Most WM's I know are either Supply or Admin, not too many female radio ops out there. You have some weird luck.
    Nah uh, I know only 3 WMs that are supply, Ive seen like 4 or 5 at IPAC for Hawaii, alllllllllllllllll the rest I know are radio operators. Theres a few here and there, but they're allllllllll 0621s...wtf, over? Maybe they know they'll have the chance to be with more guys in that MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Maybe they know they'll have the chance to be with more guys in that MOS.

sheeyit man...you're too much

Let's see where this goes...ding ding round one!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I got out in 72 all law enforcement including the HP wanted Marines. I had my house broke into while on leave before I was discharged. The Damn sheriff was more interested into talking me into joining the Sheriff's department than finding who broke into my house.
    The SOB's stole all my Marine Uniforms and I had to buy a Uniform to be discharged in. Lost my Blues and everything and never found who did it. I would have killed them. Can't replace that stuff!
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Most civilian law enforcement agencies have a written and physical agility test which will provide a combined score that is used to determine hiring order, provided you qualify after your background investigation, physical and physcological examinations. Service in the military might qualify you for extra points toward hiring or promotion, however MOS usually has no bearing on whether you are hired or not.

Hey Achped maybe they know they'll have a better chance of meeting you being an 0651. Then again maybe not.

Thread Information