Allowed to where USMC gear before graduation/boot camp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Allowed to where USMC gear before graduation/boot camp?

What are the poolees or Marines thoughts on this?

Are Poolees "allowed" to wear USMC t-shirts/sweatshirts, sticker on car, lanyard? Or is it looked down upon as you have not yet earned the Title of Marine? Does it really just not matter? I just don't want some old-school vet to chew my butt out one day.

Thanks,
    Hartford

Credits
    Savings
    All in the eye of the beholder...to me it is much like representing your favorite team. Many Marines take great offense to it, however. As for shirts, it might be best to stick with "poolee" or mass distributed shirts of such designs as recruiters give to poolees or kids at special events. These tend to be more quickly recognized as promotional items. Wear a true 'MOTO" shirt and expect questions. Other than actual uniform items, there is no protection of memorabilia. That being said remember you are borrowing our name-try to take good care of it both now and even after you have earned the right yourself. Good luck to you.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Tee Shirts and stickers are given out by Marine recruiters.

I see nothing wrong with wearing or displaying these items.

If asked if you are a Marine the answer is a resounding NO!

You are a supporter or a Poolee wanting to be a Marine.

Until you actually march across the grinder and are given the title of Marine you are just a supporter or family member until you earn the title.

And in my opine there is nothing wrong with supporting the U.S. Marine Corps!

We need in todays world all the support that can be mustered!

I don't know what you are referring to about a land yard.

That is a uniform item and should not be worn unless you earn it!

Unless this is one of those things that go around the neck that can be used for ID or a key chain.

If so that is also fine.

In my opine.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh yeah, a landyard is just like the thing you put your keys on and it would say like "United States Marine Corps" across it or something. I was talking to someone at the recruiter office yesterday and they had one and it was pretty cool.

Well good to hear from some Marines what they think about the shirts and all of that.

If anyone ever asked if I was a Marine I would say NO and make a point of it and then probably just tell them I'm waiting to go to boot camp if they were interested in it.

Thanks!

- Hartford

*edit*

Was thinking something like this:

Just don't do anything stupid while wearing it, like get arrested, smoke dope, etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Just don't be a 'poser'.

You'll be outed pretty damm quick.

Look at the bright side, if you make it and actually end up in the fleet you won't have to wear a moto shirt because everyone will know you're a Marine anyway

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    Just don't do anything stupid while wearing it, like get arrested, smoke dope, etc.
    Wouldn't do any of those things no matter what I was wearing! They way I see it is I don't want to have like an hour of "fun" doing some drug or doing something stupid to get in trouble that then ruins my entire life. I want to be a Marine (MP) and eventually a civilian police officer so having a clean record is pretty much a necessity. I've yet to even get a speeding ticket.

P.S. Matt you ignored my PM. Jerkface.

Credits
    Savings
    Was he talking bout ol' motor mouth jerkface hula boy? I sure as shi t hope not...

SF Matt..

After MCT and MOS school, I never wear Marine Corps shirts or anything like that, don't know why really.

As a poolee, I don't find anything wrong with wearing them, as long as you don't claim yourself as a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    I can say that, but who the **** are you???
    Matt is Cpl. "Achped". I've known him for YEARS on another forum, I don't think he'll be offended. The "ped" in his name cames from Go-Ped, those little annoying scooters with weedwacker engines on them...I know him from a forum dedicated to those.

- Hartford

Get a Huge EGA on your forearm RAHHH and usmc on tricep, screw the moto gear go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford View Post
    What are the poolees or Marines thoughts on this?

Are Poolees "allowed" to wear USMC t-shirts/sweatshirts, sticker on car, lanyard? Or is it looked down upon as you have not yet earned the Title of Marine? Does it really just not matter? I just don't want some old-school vet to chew my butt out one day.

Thanks,
    Hartford
    The way I see it you are representing the best there is and the best there will ever be, if you have brass balls feel free to wear it to boot camp, if a vet does chew your azz I would say you had it coming.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    lol,picture somebody on COPS wearing the shirt getting arrested while drunk and yelling curse words.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    P.S. Matt you ignored my PM. Jerkface.

Matt is Cpl. "Achped". I've known him for YEARS on another forum, I don't think he'll be offended. The "ped" in his name cames from Go-Ped, those little annoying scooters with weedwacker engines on them...I know him from a forum dedicated to those.

- Hartford
    This is a MARINE forum not the annoying little weed whacker scooter forum....if you want to call the Corporal the above on that forum and he is willing then that is cyberspace fair game.

However this being the said above Marine forum...ALL Marines regardless of rank,TIS and affiliation to anybody that personally knows them has earned the title of Marine and deserves the respect as such!

If you want to address the Cpl in this manner take it over to the weed whacker forum...those annoying little things that aggravate the pure shiat out of me a 0545 every morning from some kid going to school or work!

Thread Information