MCO on uniform items with civilian attire - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    very well gunz im interested in hearing as ive been told both ways and dont know myself however i was just playing devils advocate so to speak with that there are valid arguments for both sides
    I agree, I don't know why someone would want to wear them with civvies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    I agree, I don't know why someone would want to wear them with civvies anyway.
    i personally have if i am hiking or such because they are already broken in sometimes but other than that i dont

Credits
    Savings
    when i go hunting i wear my cammies or the digies. i have been out for awhile and i believe what i can choose to wear what is service related as long as i do it with the same pride as when i was in. just my thoughts

gunz anyword from the board?

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    gunz anyword from the board?
    No nothing, I think I will ping them again.

Alright, check it out. I resent my email to the board and this is what came back. I was supprised at how quickly it came back. The first part is my question and the second part is the boards response.

Mr. Xxxxx,

Are the MCCBs authorized for wear in civilian attire? I realize the order states footwear is authorized. It also states, no part of a prescribed uniform, except those items not exclusively military in character, will be worn with civilian clothing. The MCCBs have the EGA embossed on them, does this make them exclusively military in character?

GySgt Wood,

All footwear, as you indicated, are (by the Order) authorized for wear with civilian attire. The EGA (along with a certification number) happens to be an identifier which assists with the qualification/MC Certification process towards wear with the Uniform. There is a qualification reverse here. It's the civilian item being authorized for wear with the Uniform based on a manufacturing competition for the privilege.

S/F

Mr. X. Xxxxx sends.
    Marine Corps Uniform Board

Just found out you answered my question. so we have definitive word that boots are authorized. all those ppl that are opposed to it will hate to hear that lol. thanks gunz for the reply and answer.

I'm glad you cleared this up for us. I wear hiking boots with my jeans all the time (yeah, I'm black). I used to lace up my Timberlands as soon as the school day was over so I could walk through the city without being teased (I went to an all boys preppie school).
    I'm just not comfortable in sneakers and now I'm especially comfortable in my bates. Once I can afford the extra $200, I'll buy some no-logo M8's. Last summer I threw on my bates a few times because they don't make my feet sweat and I walk a lot (I never owned a car). The are more comfy and breathable than anything at Foot Locker and I hate sneakers. Still, I didn't make a habit of it, fearing the logo.

I like their answer too. The logo is for us to know which boots are approved or not. This cheers me up. Under Armour still sells a lot of neat Olive Drab garments with no USMC approval number. A tag on the inside would be useful. Kevin A. Plank taught me to hate cotton.

Thread Information