MCO on uniform items with civilian attire - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A school is generalized aircraft stuff while b school is....? or is it c school??? I'm Motor T Maint...

Straight to C school after A. I don't know why it's like that. I'm already going to get my orders to my C school next week. NAS Jax, FL or NAS Coronado, CA. Hopefully I go back to CA for my C school.

You're right... The green monster I got has been revised but it does say pretty much the same stuff. They did however tell us in boot camp that we can wear the boots. Idk... breakdown in communication or something, not sure... I've worn them all week since I don't have any other foot wear besides my coraframs.

corafams... and you should go buy yourself some sneakers...

and no they are not authorized... any camouflage uniform items with the eagle globe and anchor on it is not authorized... your boots have them...

only uniform items are from your service uniform.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    this has been addressed before in another thread.

shoes and socks yes, yet the combat boots have the EGA on them witch in another part of the order states that with that, you are not authorized to wear them in civilian attire... that's why they added that to the boots because some moto cowboys wore their black boots in civies and the order didn't specify foot wear...

so the EGA corrects that loop-hole without over complicating the order.

there are other Service Uniform items you can wear in civies, like your web-belt, tie clip, corafams, and shirt stays (not really a uniform item... I know).

anything to do with cammies is off limits.
    MCO 1020.34G explicitly states all footwear with no limitation or exceptions for MCCBs. The EGA is there to demarcate boots that are authorized for wear in uniform - meaning that they meet the minimum requirements set forth by Marine Corps.

If the EGA restriction makes the MCCBs off limits, then so is the tie bar since there is embossed EGA on it.

By putting the restriction in another section of the order, that far complicates things because it makes the order contradict itself by authorizing MCCBs and tie bar in one section and then prohibiting it in another section by restricting items with EGA. It would have been far less confusing to say something like all footwear except MCCBs or explicitly authorize only the dress shoes.

those are exceptions that are put on the SERVICE uniform items, I can't recall where it is, but there is verbage stating that the cammies are not authorized civilian wear.

but the order only allows what you can wear... anything it doesn't state is not authorized and the EGA on the boots fixes the need to change this order by simply adding somthing to the uniform item.

when possible they try not to change MCOs... it keeps it so you don't have to re-learn the order.

Bs

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    you can not wear the new boots... I'll go hunt for it in the order if you Marines really really want me to.
    The order specifically states you can wear the tie clasp and boots even though they have an Eagle Globe and Anchor...The specification of exact uniform items supersedes the general specification of displaying "insignias of any nature".

Without a doubt you can because the order specifically states that you can...and the order doesn't change because an Eagle Globe and Anchor was added to the boots because the tie clasp has always had had one and it has been authorized for wear for decades...

I've looked through the order in the past and haven't been able to find anything saying that we can wear the boots. It's a big order though, can you point to specific part in case someone I know get lifed for it?

Credits
    Savings
    >Ch 5 (1) Items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by men are restricted to...footwear, socks...ALMAR 019/08

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...hapter%201.asp section 1005 part 2

This would seem to imply that boots are authorized for wear in civilian attire within the US.

I wear my unserviceable green cammies ONLY for paintballing, i don't wear any rank, nor are there name tapes / service tapes on my blouse when I play. Other than that I don't wear any Marine Corps. outside the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    you can not wear the new boots... I'll go hunt for it in the order if you Marines really really want me to.

and unserviceable uniform Items are not authorized to be worn with civilian attire... otherwise you'd be able to wear the whole uniform so long as they have quarter sized holes in all the garments.

really, where do you get this from? I doubt it's in the green monster... I still have mine and if I go look I'll bet you mis-interpreted what it said.
    Here's the order Petz....

Since the Boots are in military character because they have the EGA embossed on the heal they are not authorized in civilian attire.

P1020.34G Chapter 5 states...

e. No part of a prescribed uniform, except those items not exclusively
    military in character
    , will be worn with civilian clothing.

>Ch 5 (1) Items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by men are
    restricted to the gold cuff links, studs, tie bar, mourning band, footwear,
    socks, gloves, undergarments (the green undershirt may only be worn for PT),black bow-tie, green wool scarf, general purpose trunks, and crew neck-1005 MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS 1-17 service sweater, the all-weather coat, tanker jacket, the dress blue sweater without insignia of grade (with or without epaulettes), watch caps, and cold
    weather physical training uniforms (only worn as a set for PT situations, for non-PT situations, only the sweatshirt or running suit jacket maybe worn as an outergarment or as a layering garment). ALMAR 019/08

>Ch 5 (2) Uniform items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by women are restricted to the white shirt without insignia of grade, footwear, gloves, green undershirt (for physical training only), handbag, clutch purse, mourning band, crew-neck service sweaters, green wool scarf, general purpose trunks, the all-weather coat, tanker jacket or the dress blue sweater without insignia of grade (with or without epaulettes), watch caps, and cold weather physical training and Marine Corps running suits (only worn as a set for PT situations, for non-PT situations, only the sweatshirt or running suit jacket maybe worn as an outergarment or as a layering garment). ALMAR 019/08

(3) Uniform items that have been declared obsolete may be worn with
    civilian clothing, when appropriate, provided such items contain no
    distinctive insignia or buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ecom View Post
    >Ch 5 (1) Items authorized for wear with civilian clothing by men are restricted to...footwear, socks...ALMAR 019/08

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...hapter%201.asp section 1005 part 2

This would seem to imply that boots are authorized for wear in civilian attire within the US.
    Read the sentance before this one where it says only items not in military character are authorized.

Boots have the EGA on them, therefore they are not authorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Read the sentance before this one where it says only items not in military character are authorized.

Boots have the EGA on them, therefore they are not authorized.
    gunz by your methodology the tie clasp is not authorized for civilian wear even though the order says it is as it has the EGA on it. Boots are not solely military in character and just because the EGA is on it does not make it so. I believe that what they are talking about as items being in military character is cammies and such that is not normal civilian wear. and aside from that the order says footwear is allowed IF it meant only the corframs (sp?) then it would have mentioned as such since it is the only non boot footwear that we have aside from sneakers but those are govt issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    gunz by your methodology the tie clasp is not authorized for civilian wear even though the order says it is as it has the EGA on it. Boots are not solely military in character and just because the EGA is on it does not make it so. I believe that what they are talking about as items being in military character is cammies and such that is not normal civilian wear. and aside from that the order says footwear is allowed IF it meant only the corframs (sp?) then it would have mentioned as such since it is the only non boot footwear that we have aside from sneakers but those are govt issue.
    I have emailed the board and am waiting for a response.

very well gunz im interested in hearing as ive been told both ways and dont know myself however i was just playing devils advocate so to speak with that there are valid arguments for both sides

Thread Information