MC fleece regulations
Create Post

MC fleece regulations

I cannot find regulations on the marine corps coyote brown fleece. i have looked though the MCO P1020.34G on marine corps uniform regulations and the closest i can get to an answer is Chapter 7 Paragraph 7000 stating.

Special organizational clothing such as coveralls, cold weather clothing,
    desert clothing (with exception of desert combat utility uniforms), aviation
    clothing and equipment, NBC defense protective clothing and physical training clothing will be worn when and as prescribed by the commander.

In short my question is. Is the fleece allowed to be worn in cammies under the blouse and is the fleece allowed to be worn as an outer garment if the blouse is taken off? If the information is in the uniform regulations can you please state what paragraph or chapter.

Thank you,
    LCpl. Shultz

The fleece can be worn under the blouse but not as an outer garmet. That is unless something has changed. I have seen it worn as an outer garmet but only in the immediate work space. Follow-up with your NCO and hopefully he can give you more insight as to how your unit perscibes. If your NCO can't answer, ask him to take the question to your SNCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    What is a fleece??
    Good question. Did this replace the sweater?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    a fleece is just that...a fleece. A half zip pull over fleece sweatshirt. And no it did not replace the sweater(wooly pully) or the standard sweatpants and sweatshirt.

Because it is organizational clothing, you organization (Company, Squadron etc) establishes policy's on how it is to be worn. The P1020.34g gives commanders the ability to dictate how they fell appropriate wear of the fleece and other organizational items shall be worn to best accomplish the mission.

In other words, its up to your C.O.

For us it's pretty much wear it how you want at work unless told otherwise by the command but if going off the flightline you will be in cammies or coveralls without the fleece unless it is worn as under the coat or coveralls

WEAR OF ORGANIZATIONAL GEAR (FLEECE). The wear regulations are currently being re-written. Until that guidance is published, the below guidance should be followed. As stated in Chapter 7 of MCO P1020.34G (Marine Corps Uniform Regulations), organizational clothing and equipment are those individual clothing items issued to Marines on a temporary basis to accomplish assigned duties and are worn per the commander's guidance; however, certain restrictions apply to the wear of fleece items. Accordingly, AT NO TIME SHOULD ANY FLEECE ITEM BE WORN AS AN OUTER GARMENT ON FORWARD OPERATING BASE AND/OR IN GARRISON. When wearing an organizationally issued fleece jacket, it will be worn with the All Purpose Environmental Clothing System (APECS, commonly referred to as Gortex) parka over it. Additionally, the general rule of thumb for all clothing items is that if it is a pullover (item that must be pulled over your head to don), it is worn UNDER your Marine Corps Combat Utility (MCCUU) jacket; if it is a full zippered jacket, it is worn OVER your MCCUU jacket.

You Can Find This Information In The Idividual Clothing Regulations 10120.34g Dont Know What Chapter But Its There.

I found the guidance for my unit in an e-mail, and it was designated by the BC (along the same lines that most of the Marines here have said). I would avoid wearing it as an outer garment, but other than that you'll have to have someone check with the first sergeant on the actual rules for your unit.

Thread Information