Early MARPAT designs
Create Post

Early MARPAT designs

Hey all,

I know the Corps had 3 main designs they debated with before deciding on MARPAT (according to the infallible wikipedia). Anyone have images of these patterns that almost made the cut? My google-fu is not helping much.

Semper.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3 Maelstr0m View Post
    Hey all,

I know the Corps had 3 main designs they debated with before deciding on MARPAT (according to the infallible wikipedia). Anyone have images of these patterns that almost made the cut? My google-fu is not helping much.

Semper.
    I don't know where to find photos or graphics of the design considerations, but I do know there were a number under consideration, the uniform board narrowed it to three, and put those three up on the official USMC site for voting by Marines. They also included the 8-point cover and boonie hat designs and allowed voting on proposed regulations regarding the wear of those covers.

The MARPAT worn now was not exactly the one voted in by Marines, but close. Evidently they made a few design changes based on written comments also submitted.

I know this because I looked in on the uniform board's page from time to time while all of this was going on.

Thread Information