Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You forgot the vodka/rum/tequila.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    To hell with the ice cream man! Homemade ice cream sitting in the shade of a greeeeeaaaaaat big Oak tree at my Grandmama's house.

And Mama made snow cream (if you've never had this, you were a deprived child) if we had snow in the winter. Mayfield makes a snow cream that tastes juuuuuuuuuust like it so I can have it any time I want now.
    Very true homemade ice cream was the best, Semper FI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And I'm the Southerner in the house! Geez! We used to wish to anybody that we thought could make it happen for it to snow every year.

Rocky, I've never seen the recipes you found but, Mama would just set cups or bowls outside the back door to catch the snow and add a little bit of vanilla when she brought them inside and we had SNOW CREAM!

DAMMIT! Now I have to make a grocery store run! I'm telling you - it tastes just like it, same consistency, everything AND I can have it all year round now. Be back later..............

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    You forgot the vodka/rum/tequila.

Kim, don't forget to stop at the package store like Ray suggested
    That's a sure fire way to make the WHOLE neighborhood smile on a HOT DAY

Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Very true homemade ice cream was the best, Semper FI.
    Yeah boy! It was a pain in the a$$ before motorized churns came out but, there was always Daddy or some strong armed Uncle to do the churnin', you know? Grandmama had a little garden she kept and she always grew strawberries that she added in it - you talk about something sooooooooooooooooooo good!

Yeah boy! It was a pain in the a$$ before motorized churns came out but, there was always Daddy or some strong armed Uncle to do the churnin', you know? Grandmama had a little garden she kept and she always grew strawberries that she added in it - you talk about something sooooooooooooooooooo good!
    When I was a young-n all the men would set around the ice-cream maker in the shade of a big ol maple tree, taking turns cranking the handle while drinking cold beer from a big wash tub full of ice and beer. Women in the house frying chicken, and making tatter-salad, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, and deviled eggs. All us kids would busy ourselves either playing tag, smeer the queer, kick ball, or something similar. After the picknick tables were put end to end and all the food was placed we would have a huge meal, setting under a shade tree with our plates in our laps, and then have home-made ice-cream for desert. Then later in the afternoon out would come the generous slices of home grown watermellon. Seeing who could spit a seed the furtherest was a tradition. OooooMan those were the days. If only we could go back in time..............SF

To hell with the ice cream man! Homemade ice cream sitting in the shade of a greeeeeaaaaaat big Oak tree at my Grandmama's house.

And Mama made snow cream (if you've never had this, you were a deprived child) if we had snow in the winter. Mayfield makes a snow cream that tastes juuuuuuuuuust like it so I can have it any time I want now.
    Is the Snow Creme yellow?

Churning up some home made Pineapple Ice Cream in the summer. The best there is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Watermelon seed fights,always tryed for distance.you know the watermelon tasted better when i was a kid,what happened?.my grandma used to make us snow cream,was the best

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim View Post
    Watermelon seed fights,always tryed for distance.you know the watermelon tasted better when i was a kid,what happened?.my grandma used to make us snow cream,was the best
    We used to have so much fun spitting seeds. Seems trivial by todays standards of entertainment doesn't it? And as for snow Ice-cream heck I can still taste it. Mom just put a little milk, some vanilla flavoring, and sturred it all together. Man are we old or what?? LOL SF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, Grandmama's whole house was the equivelant of a studio apartment without a bathroom (she had an outhouse and used a chamber pot at night). There was so many of us that the shade tree was the only place all of us could sit and we had to eat in shifts (because there wasn't that many plates). Didn't matter cause all of us grandkids were always walking the woods around her house and threatening to throw one another in the outhouse (we thought it was entertaining - what can I say?)

That ice cream man sure does wear his uniform with pride. He must have been a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If only we could turn back time on all the good things we did as when we small,there is probably a law out there telling we can,t do it any more,might break that law a bunch of times

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Yea,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim View Post
    If only we could turn back time on all the good things we did as when we small,there is probably a law out there telling we can,t do it any more,might break that law a bunch of times
    Like playin 'Smear the Queer'.

Thread Information