You Know What I Miss On A Hot Day???
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question You Know What I Miss On A Hot Day???

You know me and MY Random thoughts!!!

It's a hot day in Rhode Island today and as I sit here talking with my Brothers and Sisters on this forum I just had a Random thought when I was a kid and the ice cream man would come by and he had these 2 GIANT Waffels and in between was this HUGE square chunk of Vanilla ice cream for 25 cents.
    If he came by right now at this very moment and had that I would give him $10 bucks for one.

But that was then and this is now.

Ok, just a Random thought on a Hot Day...
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

2 GIANT Waffels and in between was this HUGE square chunk of Vanilla ice cream for 25 cents.
    If he came by right now at this very moment and had that I would give him $10 bucks for one.
    That'd probably cost 10 bucks nowadays, I know what you mean about the ice cream man though we just got one in the neighborhood a couple of months ago and the kids get real excited when they hear the music from the truck coming down the road.

Last edited by charm1110; 05-22-09 at 02:42 PM. Reason: missed quotes

Them were the good times with not a care in the world, Semper FI.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Them were the good times with not a care in the world, Semper FI.

Yes they were!!!
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Was in the bronx with the family yesterday. Ice cream truck came by. Ya can't pass up Mr Softee when he comes by with a cake cone full of soft serve and some sprinkles.

I wish I was smart enough to shut up and enjoy my childhood while I was a child and not lament how short our time of innocence is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To hell with the ice cream man! Homemade ice cream sitting in the shade of a greeeeeaaaaaat big Oak tree at my Grandmama's house.

And Mama made snow cream (if you've never had this, you were a deprived child) if we had snow in the winter. Mayfield makes a snow cream that tastes juuuuuuuuuust like it so I can have it any time I want now.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    To hell with the ice cream man! Homemade ice cream sitting in the shade of a greeeeeaaaaaat big Oak tree at my Grandmama's house.

And Mama made snow cream (if you've never had this, you were a deprived child) if we had snow in the winter. Mayfield makes a snow cream that tastes juuuuuuuuuust like it so I can have it any time I want now.

Tell me about snow cream???
    I'm 50 years old and I don't know about this.

Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    just dont use the yellow snow.

When I was 16 back in 73 I drove a Ice Cream wagon for a place called Boyl's Joyland ( a small amusement park) in Topeka, Ks. I did that for two weeks. After two weeks, I owed them $5. I ate up all my profits. But I had a fun two weeks. Found out one thing. You can't cool down a thermos of homemade tea by putting dry ice in it. Awwwww the memories. SF

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I remember The Good Humor man, and Popsicle Bill....twenty five cents bought choc. covered fudge ice cream....WOW!!!....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As a kid,,,,, I pedaled an Ice Creme bicycle with the cooler in the front. End of the day, we would put the dry ice in baby food jars with a little water, throw them in the creek, and wait for the big bang,,,,, Oh,,Yea..... I remember...

I remember our ice cream man driving a truck just like this. Now that I think back he was a sadistic fvck because he used to scrounge apple flavored bubble gum to all of us kids and we would beat the snot out of one another to get it. LOL ! He must have been a Marine. Being the juvenile delinquents that were we'd fvck with him too. We'd hide and as he drove down the block we'd keep yelling "ice cream", and he'd stop and wait. He'd start going again and we'd repeat over and over. LMFAO !

looks like the guys packin cuffs and mace or sumthin

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post

Oh yeah still make snow cream every time it snows

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOW, Now I know what it is!!!
    You would think living in New England, I Would Know This.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.......

Snow Cream - ice cream made from snow. What a great idea! Now, some people think this is unsanitary but if you're adventuresome, give it a try. It's a winter treat that doesn't happen often and tastes better than ice cream.
    Snow Cream Recipe #1
    1-3 Cups of Snow (make sure it's clean!)
    1/2 Cup Whipping Cream or other cream of choice
    1 T. Sugar
    2-3 drops Vanilla flavoring
    In a separate bowl, mix cream, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add snow to desired consistency. Eat and enjoy!
    All ingredients can be adjusted to suit your particular preferences. You might want to try some other flavorings: cinnamon, butterscotch, almond, or eggnog mix.
    Snow Cream Recipe #2
    Sweetened Condensed Milk
    Pure Vanilla Extract
    Cut Mile with Real Milk or Water
    Sugar
    In a separate bowl, mix condensed milk, sugar and vanilla
    Sandy's Old-time Snow Cream Recipe
    Basic Recipe
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup sugar
    scant 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    large bowl of snow (about 3 quarts)
    Blend milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.
    Variations - There are many variations for snow cream. For example, substitute canned cream for milk for a heavier flavor. Add Nestles Quik for a chocolate snow cream, or use instant cocoa mix. Another variation is to add plump raisins and cinnamon, or add a beaten egg for a nog taste. Puree an overripe banana and add to the mixture. Get creative - you know your family's tastes.
    Note: ALWAYS - ALWAYS make sure the snow is clean. It takes at least one to two hours for snow to clean the pollutants from the air, then use only snow that has fallen after that first cleansing snow. It also goes without saying (but I will anyway), to make sure you do not collect the snow where animals and birds eat (or do other things). Cleanliness first. Stress that with the kids, because this is a treat even the younger ones can make for the whole family.

Thread Information